How much (or little) has your club changed in the last 20 years.

5.6m annual turnover, safe to say we've changed a bit.

Not that much: adjusted for inflation, our 1995 turnover was £4.8m. By 1998 our turnover was more than £7m in today's money. But it had dropped back massively by 2001.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unrecognizable

Although seeing us win the Scottish Cup in 95 is probably one of my best memories as it was the first trophy I ever seen us win.

If you told me back then, i'd see us win league titles, Play in the Champions League, Win a treble, Get to a UEFA Cup final, and see the likes of Larsson play for us.

Nah, Wouldn't be having that.

EDIT: Just having a look back at that team who won the cup in 95

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Scottish_Cup_Final

8 Scots in the starting line up, and all 3 subs on the bench Scots

Only Bonner, Vata and Van Hooijdonk are the foreigners in the squad. Don't think i'll be seeing that again

Have to second this!

Being born in '84, I have no memories of the 86 or 88 seasons, my memories of Celtic start around 1990. The first memories I have is going mental when Pat Bonner saved a Hearts penalty at the old Celtic Park (and dodging cans of lager as they came flying over the fence), Losing 4-2 to Motherwell in a Scottish Cup Semi Final and thinking Dougie Arnott was the best player I'd ever seen (must've been about 6 or 7 at the time) and my favourite players being Gerry Crainey and Mike Galloway. At this time I remember the sack the board stuff and not being allowed to go with my dad to an old firm game where we were 3-0 down after about half an hour with our fans fighting with each other.

By the time we got to 1995, I was 11 years old, had never seen my team win a cup, had never even seen my team finish second in the League so to us Celtic fans of that generation, we were not a big club, we were used to finishing behind Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee United etc. Finally, Scottish Cup arrived in 95 and in 96 we finally finished 2nd in the league. Stopping 10 in a row and winning a League and Cup double in 98 was the greatest season in my life and still is to this day.

By the time I was turning 16, I had seen us win a grand total of 1 League, 1 Scottish Cup and 1 League Cup, with only 4 top 2 finishes in the league.

Around 95, the period mentioned in the OP, Celtic fans of my generation would have never believed that one day we would win the league never mind a treble and numerous leagues and cups and being able to compete in Europe at the highest level. For us mid 80s kids growing up supporting Celtic, it was the equivalent of a 10-12 year old supporting Dundee United or St Johnstone today (bunch of top 5 finishes and a cup win)

To now be the biggest club in Scotland, have a 60,000 seater stadium, expecting to win the league and most of the cups is night and day from where we were 20 years ago. I fully expect Rangers to come back and win the league at some point in the next 5 years and who knows where we may be in 20 years time but guys of my age take nothing for granted and enjoy the success while it lasts.

Archived