Lizzie

People who support the Monarchy are the kind of people who think Harry Potter is real.

Odd state of affairs to determine your governmental structure around an anachronistic medieval throwback.

Laughing stock of Europe etc.

Laughing stock of Europe? Really?

That the same Europe that has Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Luxembourg and Monaco in it?

Let Lizzie rule and then bring up the question

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That the same Europe that has Spain, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Luxembourg and Monaco in it?

You forgot Sweden. HRH Princess Madeleine may help remind you.

madeleine_11777116.jpg

There are 12 monarchies in Europe (if you include the Vatican City).

Whose monarchs work regular jobs and take the bus?

In Spain the monarchy is despised and corrupt, in Monaco people are too rich to care.

So, yes, laughing stock of Europe - we're the only ones who pay extortionate amounts for them to live a life of unimaginable privilege. The public support for it is nauseating, one of the things British people should be deeply ashamed about.

Also, Sturgeon was played like a fiddle. Not like her to fall into such a trap. Sadly most Scots still believe in the Monarchy limiting her hand - there isn't the slightest doubt her and Salmond are both bitterly opposed on a personal level. You can't be against the House of Lords and for the Monarchy.

Whose monarchs work regular jobs and take the bus?

In Spain the monarchy is despised and corrupt, in Monaco people are too rich to care.

So, yes, laughing stock of Europe - we're the only ones who pay extortionate amounts for them to live a life of unimaginable privilege. The public support for it is nauseating, one of the things British people should be deeply ashamed about.

Also, Sturgeon was played like a fiddle. Not like her to fall into such a trap. Sadly most Scots still believe in the Monarchy limiting her hand - there isn't the slightest doubt her and Salmond are both bitterly opposed on a personal level. You can't be against the House of Lords and for the Monarchy.

The monarch in Spain survives because he refused to endorse a parliamentary coup in the 80s didn't he? Reckon he owes his continued position purely down to having the sense to let democracy win.

Well done auld Lizzie , here's to many more years

Hope wee Nicky krankie enjoyed singing the national anthem yesterday

The Nats might be seething this morning, but thought that Sturgeon handled the occasion really well yesterday despite what her own beliefs may be, a thoughtful and considered approach. I don't like her politics, but I wish there were more politicians like her if that makes sense.

The Nats might be seething this morning, but thought that Sturgeon handled the occasion really well yesterday despite what her own beliefs may be, a thoughtful and considered approach. I don't like her politics, but I wish there were more politicians like her if that makes sense.

I'm not seething in the slightest.

What else could she have done? She was carrying out her role as First Minister of this country, and carrying it out well.

I'm not seething in the slightest.

What else could she have done? She was carrying out her role as First Minister of this country, and carrying it out well.

Just like when the Queen laid a wreath for dead Republicans or shook an IRA commanders hand.

Sometimes people have to hold their nose and get on with it.

Archived