iPad, iPad mini or other

RH33

My wife has asked for a new tablet for Christmas.  Preferably one that comes with an attachable keyboard.

She currently has an iPad and likes the look of the iPad Pro 12.9 or the Microsoft Surface 4.  Both are about the same price.  Anyone have any experience of the two?

My wife has asked for a new tablet for Christmas.  Preferably one that comes with an attachable keyboard.

She currently has an iPad and likes the look of the iPad Pro 12.9 or the Microsoft Surface 4.  Both are about the same price.  Anyone have any experience of the two?

Book tokens. Err on the side of caution.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2016 at 19:35, Forest_Fifer said:

Just gone for a Samsung Tab A 10.1 to replace my old Kindle Fire which was

• a bit small now
  • slow as shit
  • deeply frustrating due to the inadequacies of the Amazon Store as opposed to Google Play Store (in terms of choice and quality of apps)

Looks good so far.

I got one of these today too for just £159.  I wanted the Pixel but as I said before I just couldn't justify the £399 price tag.

The resolution is great and the fact it runs Android 6 is fantastic (from what I've read Android 7 is coming for it).  The bloatware is there but doesn't seem as bad as previous Samsung devices I've used.  The only minor complaint I have so far is the speakers on the bottom on the tablet.  My previous tablet, an over 4 year old Samsung Note tablet had them on the front which meant the sound was much better. 

Archived