Is this the season?

I think I would have been gutted yes.

The past few seasons of European football had been great, I think I'd be able to get over missing out on another. For my own personal satisfaction it would have been great to see Aberdeen win the league. I think it would be an extremely good thing for Scottish football.

And I'm not really interested in holding things over other clubs, like Dundee fans do with the Jambos. I'd rather laugh at Celtic fans for losing the league.

You aren't really a football supporter are you? You're really a huge netball fan aren't you?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see both sides of the argument here.

We're playing Aberdeen tomorrow and obviously I want us to win for our own good. BUT.... If we're going to lose to anyone then, under the circumstances, I would rather it was Aberdeen.

Dream scenario, we win at Pittodrie, Aberdeen pick themselves up and win every game until we play them again at NDP :D

Can see both sides of the argument here.

We're playing Aberdeen tomorrow and obviously I want us to win for our own good. BUT.... If we're going to lose to anyone then, under the circumstances, I would rather it was Aberdeen.

Dream scenario, we win at Pittodrie, Aberdeen pick themselves up and win every game until we play them again at NDP :D

That's not quite the same though. You want the team you support to win all their games.

Celtic will win the league when Ronny quits around Xmas. Martin Oneil back to Celtic when Scotland pip the Oirish for turd and he's sacked there. Celtic will shit it with Rangers coming back and spend big money.

If Aberdeen win the league it will be fantastic.

If Aberdeen win the league you can guarantee that every Celtic fan in the land and over the sea will blame the officials and conspiracies. Watch them get more and more decisions over the purse of the season and Aberdeen given less.

If Aberdeen are still in it by January the media will do there best to unsettle their players with links to other clubs.

And Celtic will spend like f**k. Probably bring in a big name loan signing and romp the 2nd half of the season.

Aye Ryan Jack to Celtic will be a nap.

I won't venture to make a prediction at this time but in a cruel twist of fate I have seen Celtic in perhaps five or six matches this season and they're a dreadful team.

They may not lose their title this season but if they continue to decline as they have under Reila they will lose their claim to someone shortly.

It would actually be quite fun to see the type of age-old unsettling tactics that Celtic would pull if Aberdeen were still up there by the time the January window opens - but I just couldn't see Aberdeen making a United of it regardless of any silly money offers coming from Celtic as I guess they have the finances in place these days to resist anything until the end of the season.

Saturday's result at Pittodrie was great for the league this season but you can't help feel that it's this time or never (genuinely mediocre celtic manager and team, Rangers most likely in their last season in the lower leagues and seemingly getting stronger) and that Aberdeen are the only realistic challenger in the short term given that they've put a good, stable squad together that is significantly better than the other diddies.

What Saturdays match tells us is that, for probably the first time, is that the aberdeen players actually have the belief to play celtic and defeat them. Last season they couldn't get over that particular hurdle albeit they played pretty well in a few of the games and were unlucky not to get points from them. Confidence is a massive aspect of sport and having that self belief is crucial.

I still expect celtic to win the league but they definitely are not as strong as i thought they would be this term, defensively teams can get at them and if Aberdeen continue to scrap like they did on saturday, they can genuinely push them the whole way.

Hope they get utterly crushed on sunday however.

Archived