Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

500 for winning it. And he's no points to defend from the tournaments played last year at this point, so he'll get the whole 500. Puts him up to 6th in the world.

I think that must put him in 4th for the 2008 ATP Race.

atp

His own site states he was born in Dunblane, so I think it would come as a bit of a shock to him and his mother that Dunblane has become an Edinburgh suburb. ;)

To be fair, they've both got a quite a high posh ratio.

Am surprizesed Wiki didn't say Murray is from England, as he is doing well. they normally say he is british when he is doing well, and scottish when he aint doing well

Now now, not this old chestnut again. However the Scotsman should be interesting tomorrow. Ive made a quick guess of what it will be like.

Creeping Nationalism Warning From Labour

In the wake of the SNPs disgraceful decision to approve the painting of trains blue, Labour MSP George Foulkes pointed to Murrays win as another sign of creeping nationalism and dangerous xenophobia. Foulkes pointed to the recent train scandal, and complained that getting someone from Scotland to win a title was a dangerous game that uncovered dark aspects of a national identity best left covered up.

Speaking live on Radio Scotland North Britain he said "Murray winning is another example of the manipulative tactics displayed by the First Minister. When will the people of Scotland realise that by having a successful player, they are being tricked into independence? Its is time we made a stand, the people of this region deserve better."

A spokesman from the Liberal Democrats agreed with Labours point on principle, and had this to add "yeah, we agree with them on principle about whatever it is they said".

There were several spokesmen from the SNP available to comment, but we declined to ask any of them.

Guest The Phoenix
His own site states he was born in Dunblane, so I think it would come as a bit of a shock to him and his mother that Dunblane has become an Edinburgh suburb. ;)

His official site clearly states he was born in Glasgow - trust me.

On a completely unrelated topic, have you fucked your knee as well!?

As well as what? :o:unsure:

Fucked is a bit strong - I put a three inch long gash in it and stopped just short of the bone in depth. (See PTTGOYN for details).

Guest The Phoenix

Same site, Andy's own words -

Hey guys

We’ve decided to update this bit now for the new website. Good news for you, bad for me because I’ve got to sit down and speak to Robin again. Ha.

So, the birthday stays the same; I was born on the 15th May 1987 in Glasgow. You’ve probably read that I spent most of my early life in a little place called Dunblane in Scotland.

Still got family living up there, so it still feels like home to me. I’ve got my own place in London now; fine by me as it’s close to where I train.

I started playing tennis very early, around the age of three. I definitely remember having a mini-racquet when I was two: a bright green thing with multi-coloured strings. Probably still a decent racquet for someone like Treacle.

Superb!

Been following his campaigns in Montreal & Cincinnati just there. His first masters' title this evening typifies the work he's put in to improve his physical conditioning over the last year or so. Not only that but this rich form enjoyed since Wimbledon is testimony to how much he has came on mentally as well. Considerably stronger in that department. Good court disciple, no fits, no tantrums, playing in the moment and talking positively about his game. The attitude of a winner.

His rapid progress must be playing on some of the top seeds' minds.

It would be fantastic if he could get his first slam in NY in a few weeks.

Guest The Phoenix
:whistle

Not so Phoenix, see my last post for the conclusive proof. B)

Ha! Ha! - Se my quote from the same site. :whistle:whistle:P B)

Edit to add Quote:

Same site, Andy's own words -

Hey guys

We’ve decided to update this bit now for the new website. Good news for you, bad for me because I’ve got to sit down and speak to Robin again. Ha.

So, the birthday stays the same; I was born on the 15th May 1987 in Glasgow. You’ve probably read that I spent most of my early life in a little place called Dunblane in Scotland.

Still got family living up there, so it still feels like home to me. I’ve got my own place in London now; fine by me as it’s close to where I train.

I started playing tennis very early, around the age of three. I definitely remember having a mini-racquet when I was two: a bright green thing with multi-coloured strings. Probably still a decent racquet for someone like Treacle.

Edited by The Phoenix

Guest The Phoenix
As well as my knee! :lol:

I think i'm gonna need an operation to sort out the cartlidge damage i've got :(

Shit! - I feel a fraud with my self inflict DIY Disaster. I should be as right as rain within days - at worst when the stitches are taken out in 10 days.

Hope everything turns out OK.

Shit! - I feel a fraud with my self inflict DIY Disaster. I should be as right as rain within days - at worst when the stitches are taken out in 10 days.

Hope everything turns out OK.

I went to see the Doc. about it, and he said that it was the first ever case of a 15 year old with cartilage damage he has ever seen.

Fucking nightmare! :lol:

500 for winning it. And he's no points to defend from the tournaments played last year at this point, so he'll get the whole 500. Puts him up to 6th in the world.

Just to be slightly picky he was actually defending 35 points from the same week last year, though it was the Canadian Masters then. He'll gain 465 points.