Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Del Potro has won his last four tournaments, but during all four, he's only played two players in the world's top 32 (Roddick & Gasquet), both of whom are very beatable on any given day.

He's obviously bang on form, but Murray should have enough weapons to beat him.

Saw something on SSN that said something about Murray's match being sometime after 7 tonight?

Can anyone confirm?

The US Open's website lists the match as starting "not before 2:00pm", which would translate into "not before 7:00pm" over here.

I'd expect it to start between 7pm and 8pm BST.

Posted this on the gambling thread. Really looking forward to this match. Murray should win. His opponent hasn't been playing the masters event's like Murray has and as such hasn't been playing the same calibar oponents.

Murray's speed and returning is immense. He is technically perfect with only Federer having the same range of shots and Nadal being mentally stronger and being slightly fitter and faster.

In the run of 24 matches Del Potro has only beaten 6 top 50 players. Decent form, but he hasn't been playing the top guys. In the same time- Murray has beaten 12 top 50 players and has only lost to Nadal since the French open. Beating Djokovic twice during this time.

Del Potro isn't that big a hitter to be honest. Just really steady and deep. He picks off any weak shots and moves pretty well.

If Murray plays like he has been so far he will win. If he throws in a shocker- he will lose. The shockers are getting rarer and rarer. So I fancy a straight sets Murray win.

Del Potro isn't that big a hitter to be honest. Just really steady and deep. He picks off any weak shots and moves pretty well.

Dunno about that, I saw him annihilate Haas the other weekend. Hit him off the court. Admittedly Haas is in neither man's class.

I think it's a really tough one to call.

On the others, I thought Roddick was sensational last night. Best I've seen him play.

This might well have been posted already, the wee exchange between Andy and Del Petro the last time they played...action starts about 35 seconds in.

Heard today it was supposed to be a hangover from the junior days.

Just adds a bit of spice to the match - nice :D

This might well have been posted already, the wee exchange between Andy and Del Petro the last time they played...action starts about 35 seconds in. Andy should have gone over and cracked him in the jaw :lol: .

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=muM-UQc_Tnk

can someone please sum up what is on the link? Cant access it at work. cheers