Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Its off, Im just too much of a delicate wee flower to sit and listen to this. :ph34r:

i turned it on for one point and all i heard was another break point on Andy's serve. At Cincinatti i put on the online stream twice to see him win the trophy and both times he kept losing, so i turned it off aswell.

im with you on this.

Murray has broken serve again :o

He's been way too casual in his approach to a lot of this match, he could have beaten this one dimensional chunt a long, long, time ago.

Is he in some sort of gambling ring to drag this one out to 5 sets? Maybe he knows the full extent of yon guys knee injury and wants to hurt him bad? Or maybe he's just not having that good a game.

Either way, text commentary is good enough for me.

Maybe he knows the full extent of yon guys knee injury and wants to hurt him bad?

Actually, I thought he was trying to torture him when Del Potro looked whacked near the end of the 3rd set by stringing out a few games to loads of deuces. All that did was give the Argentinian a second wind.

Been a horrible game in all sorts of ways, really.

BBC do the text commentary very well. I always like reading the text commentary of the premiership on a saturday, after I come back from Thistle games. They're pretty dry

Yeah, I usually read the text commentary of champions league games afterwards, and also the cricket text commentary is excellent!

Yeah, I usually read the text commentary of champions league games afterwards, and also the cricket text commentary is excellent!

Caroline Cheese is great, if you've read any of her stuff.

The analysis you get on these text commentaries, are much better than the summary you will get from so called experts, such as Jamie Redknapp on the TV. It's about time they got journalists to be pundits, instead of using these illiterate fools: Sam Allardyce, Graeme Souness etc.

Bit OT.

Good stuff. Job done.

Not the classic the commentators are drooling about, as both players made tons of errors, but it was dramatic enough I suppose.

As an aside, it's mental that no-one has ever managed to hit a ball out of that stadium. You'd think someone would be able to.

I only managed to catch part of the second set, but del Potro's backhand looked f*cking brutal. From what I seen, it looks as though Murray deserved his place in the semis.

Terrific. I was hoping for around the 2.2 mark on Betfair, but this is even better. I will be lumping on Del Potro. Probably my biggest bet of the year.

I hope you didn't wade in too deep mate.

COME ON TIM!

Yer kidding. The Wulliams sisters get it on in 30 minutes...I'm staying on the sofa :D

I don't have SKY, so I was only reading the text commentary.

I don't really have any interest in tennis, when Murray/another Brit aren't involved, so I wasn't gonna stay up for that.

They probably wouldn't even have text commentary on it.

I'm fairly sure I seen the "Venus vs Serena As It Happened" link on the BBC site, so they would have had text coverage of it. The battle of them two is always sorta a big deal, so I can see why they'd have it on there.

There were a lot of unforced errors in that game and it wasn't as great as Rusedski and co were making it out to be. It was still very entertaining though.

There was also the added bonus of Anabelle Croft looking tidy as f**k in the studio afterwards!