Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Has Murray broken yet another opponent? He should be a bit more gentle with them! :huh:

That's what I was saying a few posts ago. The number of players that retire on him or have mystery injuries when playing him is unbelievable. :lol:

I think he just destroys them mentally until the least wee niggle they have feels like a broken leg.

It would be interesting to see the number of guys that have retired in games against Murray since last years Wimbledon. I bet it's a large number. Even the number of players taking medical timeouts against him must be disproportionately high.

That's what I was saying a few posts ago. The number of players that retire on him or have mystery injuries when playing him is unbelievable. :lol:

I think he just destroys them mentally until the least wee niggle they have feels like a broken leg.

It would be interesting to see the number of guys that have retired in games against Murray since last years Wimbledon. I bet it's a large number. Even the number of players taking medical timeouts against him must be disproportionately high.

He is a very clever player at times too. Although not mentioned on this thread his reaction after winning the third set against Starace after being 5-1 down was exceptionally clever. He went for an extended bathroom break leaving Starace to muse and contemplate what a fanny he had been by losing that set. Letting him contemplate and reflect on what had happened broke Starace's hope of a comeback.

Also Davydenko put out verdasco, who Murray would have faced in the semi's who has been brilliant at the French this year and wh oalso beat Murray at this years Aussie, before losign a 5 hour 5 setter against Nadal.

If Murray beats Gonzalez - will probably play Davydenko (Soderling will blow it)

And will probably face Federer in the final.

Federer must be delighted, even though he has not played well he must now be favorite for the title, finally he can complate his collection.

But if we goes out Murray would be the highest seed left. :lol:, he doesnt even like clay and looks akward at times, as it is his least favorite surface.

And will probably face Federer in the final.

Federer must be delighted, even though he has not played well he must now be favorite for the title, finally he can complate his collection.

I certainly wouldn't rule out Del Potro on his favoured clay surface from Federer's half. I'd almost make him favourite for that if they meet.

I am pretty sure Federer owns Derek Potro head to head.

I'm quite nervous for Fed now. Chance to cement his legacy as the greatest player of all time. Favourite. Eek.

'Mon the Express....

I am pretty sure Federer owns Derek Potro head to head.

I'm quite nervous for Fed now. Chance to cement his legacy as the greatest player of all time. Favourite. Eek.

'Mon the Express....

Mmm, just like Murray did before their last meeting.

Del Potro is getting better all the time. Federer is heading the wrong way. I don't think it's anything like a gimme for Fed.

Del Potro is getting better all the time. Federer is heading the wrong way. I don't think it's anything like a gimme for Fed.

Oh, absolutely. Federer has very few gimmes at this stage in his career. It will be a pretty close game I think. 4 tight sets maybe.

I certainly wouldn't rule out Del Potro on his favoured clay surface from Federer's half. I'd almost make him favourite for that if they meet.

On what basis ? Federer owned his skinny ass only a couple of weeks ago in Madrid.

On what basis ? Federer owned his skinny ass only a couple of weeks ago in Madrid.

On the basis I already explained there. :huh:

Nadal owned Soderling's skinny ass a few weeks ago in Rome too. Did you have a point?

If Haas doesn't explode it's going to be irrelevant anyway. Two sets up on Federer already.

murray 3/1 fav at some online places :huh:

how can murray be 3/1 favourite given fed just got a set back, del potro is still in, roddick is still in, davydenko in the semi maybe for murray. that just seems silly prices.

edit: oh and he hasn't bt gonzalez yet ffs! :huh:

Edited by theentomologist

murray 3/1 fav at some online places :huh:

how can murray be 3/1 favourite given fed just got a set back, del potro is still in, roddick is still in, davydenko in the semi maybe for murray. that just seems silly prices.

edit: oh and he hasn't bt gonzalez yet ffs! :huh:

Well I don't think he should be favourite but it's not hard to see why with the only player ranked above him still in the tournament two sets down at the time. He has a perceived easier run to the final than anyone in the bottom half of the draw too.

Well I don't think he should be favourite but it's not hard to see why with the only player ranked above him still in the tournament two sets down at the time. He has a perceived easier run to the final than anyone in the bottom half of the draw too.

ok.

since looks like haas will drop 4th set thus requiring a 5th, does anyone know how many 5th set matches haas has played -thus fitness- and one ...ah scratch that the bloke on tv just said.

Nadal owned Soderling's skinny ass a few weeks ago in Rome too. Did you have a point?

Oh...didn't see the post where you made Soderling favourite to beat Nadal. What's your point ?

My point is that you are making DP fave over Federer despite the fact that he's never beaten him and never looked likely to. Soderling has previously taken Nadal to 5 sets in a grand slam so there was at least previous.

Disappointed in you SD...I thought you knew something about this game :rolleyes:

Edited by RedWeb

Oh...didn't see the post where you made Soderling favourite to beat Nadal. What's your point ?

My point is that you are making DP fave over Federer despite the fact that he's never beaten him and never looked likely to. Soderling has previously taken Nadal to 5 sets in a grand slam so there was at least previous.

Disappointed in you SD...I thought you knew something about this game :rolleyes:

To be pedantic I never said anything as definitive as "I'd make him favourite". I said I'd "almost" do so. And I stand by it. Federer's vulnerability at present was perfectly highlighted by Haas being six points from victory at the business end of the third set today and Haas is a pretty average player these days. He's certainly not as good as Del Potro. If Federer plays like that against Del Potro he will lose.

Interestingly it's about a fortnight since you responded to my tipping Del Potro to knock Murray out in Madrid with this little gem:

Murray owns Del Potro physically and mentally. I'd be surprised if he ever beats Murray in a meaningful match.

24 hours before Del Potro beat him in straight sets :rolleyes:

I'd have thought you might refrain a little from comments about people "owning" other people's "skinny ass" on the back of that one biting you back. :lol: