Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

There's the second set wrapped up 6-4. He's looking really on his game and very relaxed.

he's already 2 up in the 3rd and looking good for the win.

His service game has been good aswell which makes a change for him

No hype about Murray = semi finals at least

Bank on it.

Yeah, anything other than the semi's is an underachievement. He has a real chance this year, obviously Nadal would be the biggest hurdle if they meet in the semis. If he got through that I think he'd take Federer to be honest, the man is getting closer to retirement with every match. In fact, I doubt Federer will even get to the final, it will be Roddick or Hewitt.

Edited by McKee

Flicking between the game and the WC game on ITV. Murray played extremely well today, as he has done in the two previous rounds.

The good news is that the Querrey-Malisse game is in the 5th set, and Querrey is serving to make it 6-6, so whoever wins this one is going to be a bit tired in the next round.

Murray's got a great chance this year, with both Nadal and Federer far from their best so far.

A Murray-Hewitt final anyone? rolleyes.gif

When I looked at Murray's draw, Querrey was the one I was most concerned about pre semi-finals. However, Murray looks as if he's come into a bit of form, so I think he'll get by him.

Still backing a Federer / Nadal final, they (unlike Murray) can win when not playing very well, Rafa should account for him in the semis.

Edited by Fuctifano

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About time.

He oversaw the best period in Murrays career, two grand slam finals and a career high of 2nd in the rankings, how can this possibly be a good thing? Maclagan's passive nature was ideal for Murray.

Edited by dubs

Definitely the right time to move on. They were together 3 years, and although Miles done well for there is only so much you can learn from one guy. It was reputedly the idea of Maclagan anyway, who was getting pissed off at Corjeta's ever increasing importance. Speaking of Corjeta, he's been retained on his part-time coaching conrract, but has gone back home for now, and the word is that Andy is playing the rest of the season coachless unsure.gif. Stefanki's deal with Roddick is up at the end of the season, and probably the best coach around, Darren Cahill is also free. They seem like the best options

Re:dubs, no, the passive nature isn't beneficial to Andy at all. He really needs to be a lot more agressive, his passive, defensive play on the big points is ingrain ed in his mind, and that needs to change.

But anyway, haven't been able to see any of Murray's matches this week, but he's apparently playing pretty gash at the moment, not looking as is he's trying a leg. But still, he's through, and I think it's Lopez he has in the semi.

And yeah, I just want to complain abput that useless cunto Gulbis getting put out early again. What a fucking let down he has been after a promising build up to Rolland Garros. Better pull it together soon. mad.gif

Edited by McKee