Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Regarding the blacklist, I think at least some of the women on there are possibly being harshly treated. For example, Azarenka has a habit of retiring from matches at least five times every year, sometimes from winning positions when she is likely to be trading at short odds in-running. Is she doing this on purpose? Or just because she's not physically strong? Some of the others I am surprised to see on there too.

As for the men (I bet on men's tennis pretty much every week but just dabble on the women's), in my opinion there is one surprising name there but the others have all been involved in several dubious matches. Most of them in fact far beyond dubious. As I was saying up the thread, the problem is mostly with Russians, Italians and Argentinians. All of the Italian male players who have had any decent success are named (no surprise). There are a couple of Russians missing, but for some reason players from Argentina seem to only get minor mentions in the form of Berlocq, Schwank and Dabul? There are a couple of others from Argentina I'd have very near the top of any blacklist.

This list illustrates the fact that people know what is going on, but proving it beyond any doubt is another matter.

As you know, I bet a lot on tennis too. I've also got my own "black list", who ironically i ve actually used to profit, especially in single set betting.

There are a number of players, i've noticed who breeze through a first set and then mysteriously lose easily in the second set, before coming back strongly in the third.

Now that's of course possibly attributable to mental walkabouts. Or....

It's relatively simple for me. There are certain players that I won't bet on to win ever. I had bet on Davydenko to beat Vassallo Arguello that fateful day in 2007 before things started to look suspicious. If you think someone may not always be playing to win, you can profit on them losing when you back their opponent and won't lose out if they decide not to give 100% on a given day. Pretty much the same way I operate when it comes to the Pakistan cricket team too.

All that said, I have now given up betting on tennis as I have nowhere to place my bets. Therefore my visits to this thread will become a lot less frequent next year.

Carve up in the Swiss Indoor Open Draw. Murray in same half as Federer. Federer plays first round on Monday. Murray's first game is 4 pm Wednesday followed by his first doubles game at 6pm the same time as Federer's second round singles.

All the more satisfying if he wins.

Carve up in the Swiss Indoor Open Draw. Murray in same half as Federer. Federer plays first round on Monday. Murray's first game is 4 pm Wednesday followed by his first doubles game at 6pm the same time as Federer's second round singles.

All the more satisfying if he wins.

and in other tennis corruption news....

serena recently called the police and hid in her panic room when the drug testers turned up at her house. :lol:

novak's dodgy doctor is running an advertising campaign where he states that a machine called a scientific conciousness interface operator was responsible for novak's amazing up turn in form. the concept is that the device fires radiowaves into the body and somehow diagnoses illnesses and diseases using the feedback. it is a scam and absolute quackery used to seperate vunerable people from their money and it's illegal in the usa to claim that such devices have any diagnostic or medical benefits. why is djokovic involved with a shyster like this?

I notice that the BBC have a lot of highlights up from last years O2 Championships. Do the BBC cover this tournament or is it on Sky?

A strange group for Murray. Berdych will be tough if he plays well, but Ferrer should be straight forward. Then the game against Djokovic should be a good one. Will Djokovic be fully rested? I don't think it matters where Murray finishes in the group as it will be tough unless there is a shock in the other group.

Seems the BBC do have it.

Coverage: One match each day live on BBC TV, streamed online & available through iPlayer; live text commentary on BBC Sport website & mobiles; every singles match live on BBC 5 live sports extra.

Sweet.

Murray down a set against Ferrer and it seems the season has caught up with him. Not playing fluently and clearly injured, but fair play to Ferrer, he isnt slacking off.

• 2 weeks later...

daniel koeller is appealing his life ban for match fixing.

exactly what matches he fixed and how he fixed them are unknown however. apparently that has to be kept confidential.

Austrian tennis player Daniel Koellerer has been banned from the sport for life and fined US$100,000 after being found guilty of offenses under the Uniform Tennis

Anti-Corruption Program.

Mr Koellerer was found guilty of three charges under Article D of the 2010 Uniform Tennis Anti-Corruption Program, namely:

• Contriving or attempting to contrive the outcome of an Event;

• Soliciting or facilitating a Player not to use his or her best efforts in an Event; and;

• Soliciting, offering or providing money, benefit or Consideration to any other covered person with the intention of negatively influencing a Player’s best efforts in any Event

The three violations of the Uniform Tennis Anti-Corruption Program for which he has been disciplined occurred between October 2009 and July 2010.

The case against him was based on the findings of a Tennis Integrity Unit investigation and considered by an independent Anti-Corruption Hearing Officer at a two-day Hearing held in London on 27-28 April.

Consistent with the confidentiality of the Anti-Corruption Hearing process, no details of the Hearing or Decision will be made public.

i doubt any other sport could get away with this shit.