Andy Murray Latest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Wiki says Murray was born in Glasgow.

I might be getting whooshed as I don't understand why him being born in Edinburgh would have been a massive shock.

It was just a bit of a laugh as it sounds like the Yank just picked the only places in Scotland and Serbia that he had heard of! :lol:

I might be getting whooshed as I don't understand why him being born in Edinburgh would have been a massive shock.

Am surprizesed Wiki didn't say Murray is from England, as he is doing well. they normally say he is british when he is doing well, and scottish when he aint doing well

Because he's certainly not from Edinburgh. He was brought up in Dunblane.

That reminded me of Snoop Dogg greeting the crowd at T in the Park a year or two ago: "Hello Edinburgh!"

His own site states he was born in Dunblane, so I think it would come as a bit of a shock to him and his mother that Dunblane has become an Edinburgh suburb. ;)

Am surprizesed Wiki didn't say Murray is from England, as he is doing well. they normally say he is british when he is doing well, and scottish when he aint doing well

Aye. Wikipedia is hosted by Col. Anthony Smythe-Duffer, MM, DFC from Tunbridge Wells, right enough

:1eye

Because he's certainly not from Edinburgh. He was brought up in Dunblane.

That reminded me of Snoop Dogg greeting the crowd at T in the Park a year or two ago: "Hello Edinburgh!"

haha thats brilliant, just typical that a yank would do that :lol: