Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Stop cluttering the thread with your inane pish. You don't like his body language, we get it, shut the f**k up about it.

Posted twice in the thread hardly equates to clutter, you don't like what I write then don't read it

Not too difficult a concept now is it?

Posted twice in the thread hardly equates to clutter, you don't like what I write then don't read it

Not too difficult a concept now is it?

It's a bit difficult when there are about 8 replies in a row o f "STOOP shoutin n be AGGRESIVE IN TENISS!"!!1!!!!!!"

Anyone fancy a bit of fun? Predict the top ten 2012 year-end rankings.

1. Djokovic

2. Nadal

3. Murray

4. Federer

5. Tsonga

6. Del Potro

7. Soderling

8. Berdych

9. Monfils

10. Cilic

Don't see any of the youngsters breaking into it.

Predictions for Murray next year in the 4 Grand Slams and eventual winner

Australian Open = Semi Finals Winner = Djokovic

French Open = Quarter Finalist Winner = Nadal

Wimbledon = Semi Finals Winner = Djokovic

US Open = Runner up Winner = Federer

Anyone fancy a bit of fun? Predict the top ten 2012 year-end rankings.

As usual I'd expect the big four to dominate the Slams AND Masters 1000. As a result it's a crap shoot who fills 5-10. Don't need to be that great. Couple of decent tournaments and in you go. In all honesty it's time for the likes of Berdych, Soderling, Monfils, Tsonga, Ferrer etc to compete more in Masters 1000. The players currently ranked 5-10 have 3 Masters 1000's between them while Murray has 7 of his own.

Great to see Murray and Wardy do the business for Britain yesterday. Great effort from James Ward after being ill in the third set.

Come on Team GB - Euro Africa Zone 15 here we come!!

Actually, with a few decent looking junions coming through in the next 2/3 years, we have a chance of one of them becoming a respectable number 2 to Murray. And we've always got a solid doubles team.

The future is bright(er) for British tennis... long may it continue.

Not a thread you'd usually find me in, but the top story on BBC Sport is Murray claiming that players could be set to go on strike unless the ATP reduce the rigours of the Tour schedule. Sounds like the top performers want a shorter season, fewer mandatory tournaments, and a reorganisation of Davis Cup rescheduling.

Article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/14977449.stm

Jonathan Overend on the logistical impasse (and inconsistencies in player demands?):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanoverend/2011/09/time_for_player_power.html

Thoughts?

i'm a bit dubious about these claims.

since he got knocked out of wimbledon 12 weeks ago he's only played 16 matches and 3 of them have been davis cup matches against unranked opponents. earlier in the year he only played 3 matches in febraury and march. he has not had a hugely hectic schedule this season.

much like his odd comments about the whereabouts system i believe he is talking utter shite here. he wants to cut down on the number of tournaments he has to play but he is off to thailand to play in bangkok because he gets a hefty appearance fee. he is also moaning about perhaps missing marseille next year again because of appearance money but he doesn't seem to consider what reducing the amount of tournaments will do for players lower down the ranking who aren't pulling in millions every year. it's fair enough that he wants to make money but he should realise that the tour doesn't exist for the sole benefit of the top players.

i also think it's in his best interests that the tour keeps a tough schedule going. if nadal is able to start doing a 'serena' and cutting down his appearances to the grand slams and a few favourite masters events murray will never get near a major.

on the bright side he was quoted referring to the us open as "the open" in the times today. :lol: mckee will be beeling.

Edited by T_S_A_R