Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

For the ladies, Kheredine Iddesane described Fognini this mornign as "ridiculously good looking" and suggested he is trailed after by doe eyed females everywhere he goes.

Might be worth catching the highlights ;)

Guest The Phoenix
:blink: I don't think he is. He's far from ugly, but he's certainly not "ridiculously good looking".

He's no Daniel Craig anyway...

TBF Debbie, your standards have been raised to dizzy heights as a consequence of attending the P&B Fives. :lol:

Murray won 7-6 6-4.

Yeah, seems to have stumbled through the match really, losing the opening five games yesterday and the opening three today. Did ok once he found his rythmn though. On both days Fognini only won one more game after his initial burst.

Still, a win's a win and in Berdych and Cilic, Fognini had already knocked out two decent players. Either Nalbandian or Davydenko next, both of whom have very good records against Murray and both of whom have better clay court reputations. He'll do very well to get past whichever one of them he plays although the Russian is only just coming back from injury and the Argentinian has been in rotten form this season so far.

Not so good news on the other side of the draw where Federer's surprise loss appears to open up the draw somewhat for Djokovic to make the final (though Verdasco is no mug). I'd be surprised if the Serb doesn't actually end up increasing his lead in the rankings after this tourney, either by making the final himself or Murray coming unstuck next round.

Djokovic really frustrates me. Every time I watch him, he never really takes control of a match and never wins convincingly, like Federer, Nadal and Murray do.

I can't help thinking that if he didnt win The Australian Open last year, he would ne nowhere near his ranking of 3 in the world.

When is Murray back out?

Pretty soon I'd imagine, seeing as its ten past 6 in Monte Carlo. I have been searching various sites on the web for a time, the best I got was an order of play from the ATP site, which has Murray v Davydenko as the last match on the main court today.

Djokovic really frustrates me. Every time I watch him, he never really takes control of a match and never wins convincingly, like Federer, Nadal and Murray do.

I can't help thinking that if he didnt win The Australian Open last year, he would ne nowhere near his ranking of 3 in the world.

:huh:

Last year's Australian Open is long gone from the rankings. Points from that were dropped over two months ago. He's three in the world completely nothing to do with last year's Aussie Open.

Djokovic beat Wawrinka in three sets to make the final which confirms that the only way Murray can displace him at No 3 in the world after this tournament is to win it.

On which subject Murray trails Nadal by 4-1 first set already. His only game did come from breaking the Spaniards serve though so all is not quite lost yet. Never the less he'll do well to hold Nadal for long on clay.