Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

From a British point of view, as in the tennis team, they will want him knocked out of the US open early if he is going to play. If he gets deep into it, he will be knackered come the next Davis cup match.

Yep...

I don't think Belarus or Hungary is unwinnable without him - Britain would still fancy winning the doubles and beating their Number 2 twice, but I'd make the tie nearer 50/50, than 95/5.

Hungary have won incidentally, so we are at home. Probably play at Wimbledon, which gives us an excellent chance.

Edited by H_B

Yep...

I don't think Belarus or Hungary is unwinnable without him - Britain would still fancy winning the doubles and beating their Number 2 twice, but I'd make the tie nearer 50/50, than 95/5.

Hungary have won incidentally, so we are at home. Probably play at Wimbledon, which gives us an excellent chance.

Wimbledon in September?

Do u not think they staff at SW19 will want as little tennis as possible on it with them

preparing not only for Wimbledon but the Olympics aswell in 2012?

Wimbledon in September?

Do u not think they staff at SW19 will want as little tennis as possible on it with them

preparing not only for Wimbledon but the Olympics aswell in 2012?

They've played on grass in September before - it is such a bit advantage for Britain to use grass courts. Especially if Ward is expected to contribute with a rubber.

Playing for a weekend lates summer 2011 isn't going to affect the preparations for a tournament 9 months away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Murray and Nadal drawn in the same half for the Canadian Masters. Who would of thought it? :rolleyes:

Murray just got scudded 6-3,6-1 by world no.35 Kevin Anderson in the 2nd round.

In the three North American hard court Masters Series events played this year at Indian Wells, Miami and now Montreal, Murray hasn't won a set. Bizarre when you consider in the past he's won Montreal/Toronto twice, Miami once and reached the final of Indian Wells. What used to be a strong part of his season has become an embarrassment.

Losing in 3 sets, with the 2 being lost on tie breaks isn't quite as bad as getting humped 3-6 1-6 though.

Well of course but Nadal losing in the second round of a Masters is quite a shock. And funny.

Cincinnati draw makes it 13 Grand Slams or 1000s in the past year and a half in which Nadal and Murray have been drawn in the same half.

Organisers must still be hoping for a Nadal/Federer final. Of more interest to me is can Andy win his first set in this years North American masters series ?