Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

He is last on the Lotus court tomorrow, so should be shown about midday. A few good matches tomorrow. Nadal Vs Gasquet and Lopez Vs Berdych. Lopez leads their head to head 6-4 including the two matches this year.

With Ferrer getting papped out by Granollers today, an early exit by Berdych would be nice. Dimitrov is in Djokovic's quarter so hopefully Dimitrov doesn't go further than the QF.

A combination of horrible serving and some redlining by Janowicz seen him push out to a 5-1 lead. Murray managed to improve his serve and started reading the Pole's serve a lot better. After being 5-1 down he never lost his serve again, and pretty much ground Janowicz down. A very poor start but managed to dig out the win in the end, the final set was remarkably easy compared to the other two. Plays Cueves next. The last time they played Andy Murray hadn't even made the top 10.

Tsonga got knocked out today, Berdych went through easily, Wawrinka got easily beaten, Raonic came through in a tight match with Tomic, so mixed results for his rivals in the race.

Edited by Loki

Cilic serve vs Murray's return normally results in a Murray win. Confident of a win as long as he serves reasonably well. If he starts gifting cilic service breaks, it could be over quickly. Cilic struggles against counter punchers like Murray.

He is currently 9th in the race. He would need to win to break into the top ten again.

With berdych, raonic and nishikori all above him in the race he will need to better there results to move ahead of them in the race.

Murray served very well today and as a result was quite an easy win. His return game is as good as it ever was. If he serves as well as today he can beat Novak.

Martin klizan was fantastic against Nadal, blasted him off the court. Hopefully he can do that to berdych tomorrow as well.

Straight sets win for Djokovic, Murray matched him for most of it but jus dropped his level a couple of times and it cost him the game. Could do with a Klizan win to stop Berdych getting any further in front of him in the race to London rankings.

Murray's view on the game.

"I was doing a decent job of it myself, but I just made a few too many errors today," said Murray.

"I played some good stuff. But the period the middle of the first set, and the beginning of the second set, I could have done better."

I didn't think Murray played well at all. He had four bad service games and Novak capitalised on three of those. Whilst Novak only was broken once despite Murray having several chances to break. When he's not serving well he has to match Novak's return game. He wasn't able to do that.

Klizan would do Murray a favour by beating berdych. Both raonic and nishikori advanced to the final, so hopefully nishikori wins it.

He's had a stinking draw in Shanghai. On the positive front he is due to play ferrer in the last 16. A win would see him increase his lead over him. But he's due to play Novak in the qf.

Cilic got knocked out in the first round of the Shanghai masters by ivo karlovic. Hopefully raonic and berdych meet the same fate. Unfortunately for Murray if cilic was to slip out of the top eight he would take spot eight as a grand slam holder. Hopefully he gets past ferrer and can upset Novak. Or Novak to fall to thiem would be ideal.