Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Not his best performance, but I never really thought he'd lose. Really upped his game when it counted at the end of the 3rd set. He looked shattered at the end so wouldn't be surprised to see Federer - assuming he beats Lopez - win tomorrow. At least he has Djokovic as a pretty safe insurance policy to beat Federer in the final which would ensure him getting the number 2 seeding for the US Open.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Despite Gasquet taking the first set, at no point did I think he was going to lose. Gasquet was pretty passive and happy to exchange with Murray from the baseline. He isn't going to win enough points doing this.

Thought Murray was far more solid today and despite being knackered he saw out the match pretty well. Gasquet didn't quite go for his shots the way Dimitrov did, electing for precision over power.

Federer is currently a set up and serving extremely well. Should be a good match tomorrow, will be interesting to see if Federer can continue to serve well against Murray.

Despite Gasquet taking the first set, at no point did I think he was going to lose. Gasquet was pretty passive and happy to exchange with Murray from the baseline. He isn't going to win enough points doing this.

Thought Murray was far more solid today and despite being knackered he saw out the match pretty well. Gasquet didn't quite go for his shots the way Dimitrov did, electing for precision over power.

Federer is currently a set up and serving extremely well. Should be a good match tomorrow, will be interesting to see if Federer can continue to serve well against Murray.

Great analysis as always.... bur everyone always comments about murray being tired..... so is evrryone else.

Not his best performance, but I never really thought he'd lose. Really upped his game when it counted at the end of the 3rd set. He looked shattered at the end so wouldn't be surprised to see Federer - assuming he beats Lopez - win tomorrow. At least he has Djokovic as a pretty safe insurance policy to beat Federer in the final which would ensure him getting the number 2 seeding for the US Open.

Dolgopolov wins 1st set against Djokovic.