Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I know a boy who watched his dad get his head chopped off in front of him and his mother raped and he couldn't be a note happy go lucky laddie. I also knew a lassie that was also at dunblane that day.

Because you are involved in a childhood massacre doesn't mean you're automatically lacking in any charm. Not does it mean you can't even be questioned or disliked in the proceding years.

Complete lies :lol:

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Burns was never the best in his division though. Love wee Ricky but the fact he's a 3 weight world champion says more about boxing than it does Ricky.

I am biased. I don't like Andy Murray. I want to see him win stuff and I don't think being number one is something to be sneered at (even though I have sneered at him here) but I would much rather he had 6 or 7 majors under his belt.

They're called slams mate.  If you want to talk about majors I'm sure there's a golf thread you could f**k off to.

Andy Murray doesn't have the courage of his convictions. He keeps his mouth shut and compromises his principles because maximising his earning potential is more important to him.

He is a fucking tennis player not a politician.

Have you ever thought that he just wants to be a good tennis player and isn't interested in all the media/fame bullshit that comes with it.

There are plenty of fame hungry whores out there and Murray clearly doesn't want to be one of them.

And maybe just maybe he has learned from the whole "abe" thing that was clearly a joke between him and Henman that was completely blown out of all proportion and rammed down his throat for years afterwards.

And he certainly didn't appear to compromise his principles in the lead up to the referendum.

Holy moly who would a thought Andy reaching number 1 would have resulted in a political debate on p&b ! TCK usually u make a lot of reasonable points but your posts on this topic are embarrassing at best heeds gone moments 100%

Edited by Disco30

On Andy's personality,

When he first came on the scene first thing I thought was aye he's a bit dour, posh boy, silver spoon and all that but its just his voice he actually seems a very down to earth funny guy.

He takes all the "boring" jibes in good jest. Seen him on Mock the week a couple times he was brilliant. He also talks alot of sense and believe is popular with his fellow pros. 

Also one of the most charasmatic players on court albeit most of it is shouting and moaning but that's part of his makeup and will to win thats made him what he is today......World Number 1.

Did anyone see Roger Federer's tweet? "We have a new king in town. Congrats Sir Andy Murray".  I liked this as it included a subtle wee dig at Djokovic.  When Djokovic got his first big win against Federer, his parent's claimed the king was dead long live the king.  Rafael Nadal has also congratulated his friend Andy Murray.

The whole tennis community have been congratulating him, certainly shows how well he is liked within tennis.  Although if he gets defaulted today he won't get any ranking points for Paris so it's not quite confirmed yet :lol:

I think Federer will be Murray's biggest fan for the next 2-3 years, if it wasn't for him Federer's record of number of weeks at Number 1, and Grand Slam titles, would be in serious doubt. It still is to some extent but even when Djokovic gets back on form I can't see him winning another 5+ Grand Slams.

Euan Murray struggling to come to terms with Andy getting all the praise on Twitter right now. :lol:

I don't even think he's doing his usual trolling, I think he's genuinely seething.