Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Any word on who he is playing mixed with at Wimbledon, apparently Barty turned him down. Katie Boulter warms my cockles, the bold Sir Andrew needs to approach her.
Already said she won't be able to play at Wimbledon and probably the whole grass court season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Murrays take the first set against the Wimbledon finalists. They compliment each other very well, their volleying at the net is superb at times.

Will team up again with López for the Toronto Masters, and then it’s on to Cinci. Probably the fastest court on tour.

If he does return to singles action he’s going to get some stinking draws [emoji23]

The Murrays take the first set against the Wimbledon finalists. They compliment each other very well, their volleying at the net is superb at times.

Will team up again with López for the Toronto Masters, and then it’s on to Cinci. Probably the fastest court on tour.

If he does return to singles action he’s going to get some stinking draws [emoji23]
Is this on TV? I've got two tennis matches on ESPN - but no doubles.

Three match points missed by the Murrays as Mahut/Roger-Vasselin take the second set 7-6. Champions tie break coming up to decide the match.

From a double break down in the champions tie break, they win eight points in a row to take it 10-5. Andy was superb in the champions tie break.

Yep when he returns to singles it's effectively an 'all in' scenario.  Meaning he could easily draw a Djokovic, Nadal or Federer in round 1.

I thought he would've played some smaller tournaments first to try to improve his ranking by getting a few wins under his belt.  Straight into a Masters event is wild IMO.

I quite like the idea of going straight in. If he gets a fluke win against a top seed he effectively becomes that seed. It will also be a good measure of where he is and how much strain he can put on the hip.

I think he’d certainly have a chance in a best of three against Goffin, Zverev, Fognini and others in the top 16. Not so much in best of five currently.

I quite like the idea of going straight in. If he gets a fluke win against a top seed he effectively becomes that seed. It will also be a good measure of where he is and how much strain he can put on the hip.

I think he’d certainly have a chance in a best of three against Goffin, Zverev, Fognini and others in the top 16. Not so much in best of five currently.
Tbh, I wouldn't call a win against a top seed a fluke. I would consider the top 8 to be top seeds and a win against 2 or 3 of them certainly won't be a fluke; against 1,2 or 3... Certainly. I hope he draws am Anderson or like...

Nick Kyrgios is in superb form right now. A superb first set from him as he wins it 6-4. He really is some tennis player when he’s in a good place.

His matches are always entertaining. He may be a threat at the US Open if he can keep it together in the first week

Breaks in the first game of the second set and sprints to his chair [emoji23]

Made an outrageous drop volley and was fist bumping everyone in the crowd.