Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

4 hours ago, Loki said:

Djokovic wins his 36th Masters trophy and Diego Schwarzman became the lastest player to fail to do the Nadal and Djokovic double on clay.

The draw for the French Open will be made on Thursday and it will be interesting to see how the draw pans out.  

Murray will be facing a seed in either Round 1 or Round 2.  Hopefully he can make it through a couple of rounds, depending on what his serve is like he might find it easier to be competitive on clay.  His best results in his back transition phase was on clay.

It will be interesting to see where Thiem falls in the draw, and if he has recovered from that Final in the US. A nightmare draw for the top guys would be something like:

Murray, Nishikori, Wawrinka, Fognini, Schwarzman, Thiem, Nadal/Djokovic.

Imagine if that ended up being Andy’s route to French Open victory...

Murray is drawn to play the last person he played at Roland Garros - Stan Wawrinka.  Murray gets to test his new hip and Wawrinka can test his new knee.

The semi final in 2017 fucked them both.

Konta v Gauff.. First round,. Tough as far as non seeds go...
That'll be Konta out then.

Dan Evans got worst possible draw considering he's the 32nd seed.

He's drawn Kei Nishikori who is ranked 33rd in the world, just the 1 place below him & very much only unseeded due to being on way back from injury.

That'll be Konta out then.

Dan Evans got worst possible draw considering he's the 32nd seed.

He's drawn Kei Nishikori who is ranked 33rd in the world, just the 1 place below him & very much only unseeded due to being on way back from injury.

Nishikori is prone to throw in a complete bombscare of a performance sometimes so I wouldn't write Evans off to pull off an 'upset' so to speak. 

Evans doesn’t like clay very much but honestly there was definitely worse draws than Nishikori - He’s far from his best right now having just come back from a year out and if Evans extends the match beyond a 3rd set Nishikori should struggle physically

Murray Wawrinka scheduled for Sunday.  I can't see it not being on Chatrier, and with it due to be pishing rain they might make history as the first players to play under the roof.

They were also the first players to play under the roof on Centre Court at Wimbledon.

Murray Wawrinka scheduled for Sunday.  I can't see it not being on Chatrier, and with it due to be pishing rain they might make history as the first players to play under the roof.
They were also the first players to play under the roof on Centre Court at Wimbledon.
Yeh, certainly the pick of round one. Good news is that if Murray does win this in long match, he will have 3 days recovery

We have the bizarre situation at the moment where play is suspended on Suzanne Lenglen as Azarenka pretty much decided she wasn't playing in a bit of drizzle. Play still going on on every other court

She even flung in a "it's too cold, I live in Florida" whine for good measure.

14 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Sinner isn’t quite a jobberemoji23.png

World number 70 odd and never past the 2nd round of a major equals jobber to me. I don't care how old he is. 

Also,  Dan Evans is #bald.