Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

I think Murray’s days of winning big tournaments and going deep in slams is over but if he enjoying himself out there then good for him. Find the comments urging him to retire quite distasteful tbh.

Would like to see him play doubles full time with Jamie but he doesn’t seem keen.
Planning on playing together in Aberdeen in December.

Battle of the Brits: Andy and Jamie Murray team up in Scotland v England - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/56205121

I think Murray’s days of winning big tournaments and going deep in slams is over but if he enjoying himself out there then good for him. Find the comments urging him to retire quite distasteful tbh.

Would like to see him play doubles full time with Jamie but he doesn’t seem keen.
Not sure Jamie would be all that keen either, he seems to do pretty well with Bruno Soares.

Murray dismantled with ease... Wild card for Queens, then Wimbledon..and hang up your absolutely superb career. Scotland's finest ever sportsperson!!

He competed very well and was quite close to taking the first set against the number 1 player in the world at ATP 500’s at the moment. His movement looked very good actually it was just unforced errors that crept in but that will improve with time - not a quick process.

He also said after the match he still believes he can win Wimbledon and I’m quite confident he won’t be requiring a wild-card.

22 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Murray dismantled with ease... Wild card for Queens, then Wimbledon..and hang up your absolutely superb career. Scotland's finest ever sportsperson!!

Dismantled with ease?  You didn’t watch the match.  A lack of belief and unforced errors cost him.

It was a massive improvement from the challenger.  Murray will retire when he wants to.  He will get wild cards to any tournament he wants, and in a couple of months he will not need wild cards.

Dismantled with ease?  You didn’t watch the match.  A lack of belief and unforced errors cost him.
It was a massive improvement from the challenger.  Murray will retire when he wants to.  He will get wild cards to any tournament he wants, and in a couple of months he will not need wild cards.
Eh I did, and he was second best throughout. ... I'm quite happy to put a ten quid charity of choice bet on with you....... assuming Murray plays Wimbledon...he won't make it past 3rd round...
Deal?

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Eh I did, and he was second best throughout. ... I'm quite happy to put a ten quid charity of choice bet on with you....... assuming Murray plays Wimbledon...he won't make it past 3rd round...
Deal?

So you’re giving me an Evens money shot at Murray beating two seeded players to make the second week of Wimbledon pre draw?  Are you McBookie?  And to top it all off you’re only laying a tenner?

😂😂😂😂😂

Yep a former world number 1 can walk into any tennis tournament venue he wants and say 'I'll be playing in this one lads'  and the organisers will bend over for them.

FWIW, I think he makes the 2nd week of Wimbledon this year.  There's still only 2 in the world better than him on the green stuff IMO.  Lack of match practice will be his downfall.  I don't think he goes deep at the spring American hard court swing or the clay.

So you’re giving me an Evens money shot at Murray beating two seeded players to make the second week of Wimbledon pre draw?  Are you McBookie?  And to top it all off you’re only laying a tenner?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll take that as a no then.
You know it's ok for people to have different opinions from yourself.

34 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'll take that as a no then.
You know it's ok for people to have different opinions from yourself.

If you are going to offer more than an evens shot and increase your stake, I am sure we can come to an accord.  

But an Evens shot to get through three matches including matches against two seeds pre draw, no thanks.

I will take a tenner and roll it over each match Murray plays until the fourth round.  If he loses I will match the stake lost to your charity.  If he gets to the fourth you will have to match the total winnings and stake to my charity.

Expect more with that new hip
Like a well oiled piston with his new metal hip [emoji23]

If it's a boy they'll probably stop as that would give Andy & Kim 2 of each - which is enough for a mens doubles team, a womens doubles team & 2 mixed doubles pairs to take on the tennis world in about 20 years!

Quite a momentous day for men’s tennis today Medvedev becomes the first person out with the big four to be ranked inside the top two since Leyton Hewitt in 2005 😱

Probably wouldn’t have made it unless for the ranking system allowing you to count your best result in the last two years at an event.

In other news Murray gets a wild card for Miami, just awaiting his horrendous draw.  It’s due to start a week today.

Guest Flash

Wimbledon are planning on reduced attendance this year. Tickets will go on sale online in June.
Anybody who had a ticket for 2020 will be offered the same court and day for 2022 now instead of this year.

Wimbledon are planning on reduced attendance this year. Tickets will go on sale online in June.
Anybody who had a ticket for 2020 will be offered the same court and day for 2022 now instead of this year.
All tickets to be sold in advance, no queues on the day.

Miami Draw is out.  Murray drawn against Dubai finalist Lloyd Harris and then Roberto Bautista Agut.   Very tough draw.  Think his first match will be Thursday or Friday.

You'd have to say that he has been unluckiest tennis player with injuries until you remember the sheer hell Juan Martin Del Potro has gone through.  He has had a further surgery on his knee yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...