Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Aye this boy is just a local LTA jobber. Bit of a joke him getting a wild card into a Grand Slam event.

It’s the same at all the slams. The local players get to play. Probably more Brits in the main draw at Wimbledon than the other three slams put together. 

Just now, Donathan said:

It’s the same at all the slams. The local players get to play. Probably more Brits in the main draw at Wimbledon than the other three slams put together. 

Aye I know but this boy is bobbins. He can barely get a first serve in. 

Andy won't know what to do with himself when he finishes a major tournament match in under 5 hours and in daylight. Maybe he can find someone on Wimbledon Common to have a kick around with. 

The Thiem/Tsitsipas match has officially been cancelled until tomorrow. Thiem took the first set 6-3. The second was on serve with Tsitsipas leading 4-3 when play was suspended.

Let's hope it's a gruelling 5 setter tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Dan Evans papped out in 4 sets by Quentin Halys of France, who's not even ranked in the top 200.

I thought Evans played pretty well tonight but his abject display yesterday to be 2 sets down left him no margin for error.

Surprised to hear Halys is ranked at that level. Looked to have a decent all round game.

43 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Dan Evans papped out in 4 sets by Quentin Halys of France, who's not even ranked in the top 200.

Think that's his doubles ranking, he's 79 in singles. Probably less of a surprise given Evans recent form.

I find Evans an unpleasant character. And rather than a tennis player, he looks more like a jobbing midfielder signed by Falkirk or Raith Rovers from some National League North team but who keeps getting carded for dissent.

Looking at today's schedules, why don't they have matches that have already started on first? Taking Katie Boulter, for instance, she's already had to wait an age while under the pressure of knowing she has to serve to save the set. Why make her wait even longer by being second on?

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I find Evans an unpleasant character. And rather than a tennis player, he looks more like a jobbing midfielder signed by Falkirk or Raith Rovers from some National League North team but who keeps getting carded for dissent.

like the analogy can see it myself. 

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Looking at today's schedules, why don't they have matches that have already started on first? Taking Katie Boulter, for instance, she's already had to wait an age while under the pressure of knowing she has to serve to save the set. Why make her wait even longer by being second on?

Thought the same thing. Although Tsistsipas and Thiem are 3rd on court 2. Outside courts are suspended until 12:45. Which means they will not get on court until late afternoon.

Fingers crossed it ends up in 5 sets, while Andy has his feet up.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

This Burrage match is very confusing to half-watch while vaguely working. Both players have the same haircut and are about the same height and look similar. One of them should have to wear a hat.

Just more reason to drop the pointless all whites policy.

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

More rain pmsl. Some players are going to end having to play in 2 seperate matches in the same day tomorrow I reckon.

Ever since they’ve had the roof I’ve wondered what happens if the first week is a complete washout. By day 3 or 4 you’ll have a bunch of total jobbers playing under the roof on the show courts.