Caley vs Aberdeen

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first its like Shinnie wasn't there, he just moved and put through a beautiful pass, but look at the red shirts just backing off.

The second, look how cheap they lost the ball then left him in acres of space. Id be raging if that was our defence.

Still, thing of beauty his movement and vision yet he's not in the Scotland squad and Forrest is...

Shinnie along with 3 others to blame for Christie's goal, watch as the ball is passed to Christie and three defending players take a step away and back expecting him to pass, only Taylor realised the space between the defenders was too much and moved back across into the line of fire and also McLean who suddenly woke up. Notice Taylor and Quinn pointing in different directions for each other to go, who was Quinn expecting to close that opening space, that should have been himself closing Christie down?. I think Vincent moving into the space behind him pulled Quinn away.

This is encouraging for us if our attacking players can continue to move and pull defenders about creating space like that, this was something we were missing in the first few games.

Think we should take up the option of bringing him down in January, Forrest again failed miserably today

Forrest was Celtic's most dangerous player yesterday, excellent in the first half and only contained in the second through Paterson repeatedly fouling him. You either know f**k all or you weren't at the game. Likely both.

who was Quinn expecting to close that opening space, that should have been himself closing Christie down?

Yup, I thought Quinn looked a bit lost and uncomfortable in the first half yesterday - perhaps that was a symptom of a malfunctioning midfield rather than Quinn underperforming. Or both. We seemed much more settled in the second half with Taylor and Considine in the centre of defence.... not that ICT tested them.

Couple of things might have gone the Dons way, Christie should have had an earlier yellow for a ridiculously bad dive....

If that had been Pawlett you can be sure that he would have been booked and in the dock for trial by Sportscene tonight.

If that had been Pawlett you can be sure that he would have been booked and in the dock for trial by Sportscene tonight.

Folk stopped caring about Pawlett's antics since he's gone pish. He's lucky to get on the pitch nowadays, let alone be judged on Sportscene.

Folk stopped caring about Pawlett's antics since he's gone pish. He's lucky to get on the pitch nowadays, let alone be judged on Sportscene.

Ahh good to know you feel diveen' can be overlooked if the perpetrator is perceived as pish. Pawlett has regressed but much to my surprise, I thought he played OK when he came on yesterday.

Christie made a great attempt to top trump Pawletts contributions to the compliance officers archives. Shame he soiled his impressive performance with a red card too.

Ahh good to know you feel diveen' can be overlooked if the perpetrator is perceived as pish. Pawlett has regressed but much to my surprise, I thought he played OK when he came on yesterday.

Christie made a great attempt to top trump Pawletts contributions to the compliance officers archives. Shame he soiled his impressive performance with a red card too.

Bang on comment. Christie was excellent in Saturday and as I mentioned previously if the tinks take care of him properly he's a regular Scotland player in the making. Given that his dive was ridiculous and wasn't reported/mentioned anywhere I noticed.

Pawlett would've been in the back pages for that.

Archived