Honest Men vs Blue Toon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're where we are because folk don't come back, it frustrates me that almost every time over the last 10 years when managers urge stayaways to turn up and our crowd starts to nudge up that our team decides to play "must not lose" football, stayaways have no interest in watching Ayr scraping a victory playing in that manner, for all the talent we had in midfield yesterday they hardly created a decent chance between them.

We had the better of a pretty insipid 1st half, looked pretty decent for 20 minutes of the 2nd half then scurried back into our shell for the remainder of the game, after 90 minutes a draw was a fair result but I'm displeased with the 70 minutes of "must not lose" football we decided to play.

I didn't boo at the end but I did give a big "for f**k sake Ayr you threw that away" on the final whistle, Paddy Boyle certainly heard me as he was as frustrated as me on time up.

you do what you must my friend and I was equal with you in my frustration. f**k sake Ayr is totally acceptable but booing progress is the mentality of the deranged. Supporting players who play for your football team appears to be a misnomer. Encouragement by screaming abuse at them suggests these people were abused by their parents or were raised by the army. Puts me off going to the football to be honest.

you do what you must my friend and I was equal with you in my frustration. f**k sake Ayr is totally acceptable but booing progress is the mentality of the deranged. Supporting players who play for your football team appears to be a misnomer. Encouragement by screaming abuse at them suggests these people were abused by their parents or were raised by the army. Puts me off going to the football to be honest.

We did the same a few seasons ago when we went in at half time 0-0 against Stirling Albion who were at the top of the league with us at the time.

Too far from goal with other defenders closing in - no red card.

How near the goal do you need to be?

There was nobody close enough to stop a shot in 2 strides.

We should have been winning these sort of games, but we didn't. Draw was a fair reflection. Let's not get bogged down with this "the ref cost us" "they should have been down to 10 men" shite. Leave that to the Pars fans. We're still top, let's dust ourselves down and go beat Cowden.

Archived