Talbots scottish cup replay

williebhoy

The admission price is a rip off as well.

We only charged that when playing Airdrie.

How can they justify such rip off prices?

Did Talbot not agree to it?

It's a whole £5 more than a regular junior game from what I have read on here, FIVE pounds, 5!!!

Plus Talbot benefit from it aswell as the gate gets split!!! Effectively a home game for Talbot then. No big deal.

Also you DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A PROGRAMME.

:lol:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a whole £5 more than a regular junior game from what I have read on here, FIVE pounds, 5!!!

Plus Talbot benefit from it aswell as the gate gets split!!! Effectively a home game for Talbot then. No big deal.

Course you don't. Like drinks prices on a flight- if it's too expensive don't pay it. Everything's optional in life ( although some have consequences if you don't do them ;-) )

So in words double the price.

So if Arbroath put their prices up to £24 for a cup tie that wouldn't be a rip off.

Like most football fans you appear to be a mug who is happy to be fleeced.

Lichtie, i think we've got it. It's only £5 but it's a 67% increase on the normal cost of a Talbot game, 43% increase on a regular BSC game (who are already charging 40% more than the rest of their league) and a 100% increase on what you'd normally pay in the LL or East Juniors.

A lot of people think that these increases are unjustified. Add in the fact that you would snort loudly at being asked for £4 for a programme and the only conclusion you can draw is that BSC are robbing people blind for a football match at this level and stage of the cup.

It matters to pccabe, who has been derogatory to our club throughout p&b.....I have never disrespected another football club on here.....he does junior football no credit. We are just trying to create a football club at BSC Glasgow and we will get things wrong and get some things right......what is so bad at trying to start something new?.....I don't get the animosity, maybe its just a Scottish thing.

I'm quite sure that,in this instance at least,any negativity towards your club has very little to do with your 'trying to start something new',but rather that you passed up what could have been a great PR opportunity that earned some long term goodwill for your club,in order to employ a near-sighted approach,designed to exploit a usually large and free-spending Talbot support.

Perhaps you can give us an insight into the rationale in place when your pricing policy was decided.

What is ones problem? Have you torn your corduroys or ripped your tweed jacket? Upset by your party leaders liking for a spit roast?

The fact is Talbot did suggest a lower price which BSC didn't agree to.

And then they agreed to the higher price..

I'm quite sure that,in this instance at least,any negativity towards your club has very little to do with your 'trying to start something new',but rather that you passed up what could have been a great PR opportunity that earned some long term goodwill for your club,in order to employ a near-sighted approach,designed to exploit a usually large and free-spending Talbot support.

Perhaps you can give us an insight into the rationale in place when your pricing policy was decided.

Hang on, didn't Talbot agree to the price?

Reluctantly, no doubt.

The other choice was to get into a dispute with it going to the SFA to come to a conclusion.

What's the problem with that? The rules are clear. No agreement = £7. It doesn't actually require any involvement from the sfa. You're trying to push the blame for the cost onto BSC but clearly had Talbot been arsed at all they could have dealt with this. We'll either need to conclude that your club were happy with the proposal or just too shy to do anything about it. Shrinking violets if you will.

What's the problem with that? The rules are clear. No agreement = £7. It doesn't actually require any involvement from the sfa. You're trying to push the blame for the cost onto BSC but clearly had Talbot been arsed at all they could have dealt with this. We'll either need to conclude that your club were happy with the proposal or just too shy to do anything about it. Shrinking violets if you will.

At least we know what BSC stands for now.

Bloody Shocking Charges.

No it doesn't. The price reverts to the normal league entry price of the home team. It's starting to sound as though you chaps don't know and didn't look at the rules of the competition. At the end of the day it's your fans who got stiffened and if your club is happy enough with that them crack on. One is actually no that bothered wan way or the other (but i would be if it were my mob). Our game was £7 and £4 with accompanied under 16s getting in free. That's perfectly sound pricing for the first round when the only clubs involved are non league.

I don't have any problem with Talbot. But to suggest that the entry cost yesterday was all the fault of those Glasgow boys is patently not true. This really isn't the place to talk through my club's ailments. But they're starting to show a bit on the pitch now. See you next Spring hopefully.

I don't have any problem with Talbot. But to suggest that the entry cost yesterday was all the fault of those Glasgow boys is patently not true. This really isn't the place to talk through my club's ailments. But they're starting to show a bit on the pitch now. See you next Spring hopefully.

Talbot get best of both worlds. Moan about prices and say they suggest lower price to look like the good guys, but agree to higher price to line their own pockets

Archived