Talbots scottish cup replay

williebhoy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know it's bad when the guy who was selling the programmes was apologising for the price being so high.

As for the game, Talbot didn't play well at all but still had enough chances to win on the day. Wilson missed a sitter just after they had gone 2-1 up and Shankland also squandered a decent chance right after the break. If they had gone 3-1 up I'm sure they would have held out for a win. Even at 2-2 they had chances, one fell to Milliken near the penalty spot but he took a touch rather than hit it and the chance was lost, and in stoppage time they had a corner which one of the Bot subs (Cochrane I think) rose to meet but he completely misjudged the header and only managed to glance it right across the goal.

Is it not worth a mention that BSC played very well, rather than Talbot playing poorly? I thought BSC were great value for the result and nobody would have complained had they gone on to win.

Is it not worth a mention that BSC played very well, rather than Talbot playing poorly? I thought BSC were great value for the result and nobody would have complained had they gone on to win.

Basics for Internet forum use: read the whole thread before having a rant. ;-)

Nobody would have complained? Practically everybody at the game would have but for the smattering of BSC fans.

Thought Peasy 23 summed it up pretty well. Talbot were poor but still made and missed some glaring chances to kill the tie off

Thought BSC were a quality team. They have a different style of play from the Junior level, players were big and strong just lacking on pace and prowless at the goal edge. where as Talbot has the power energy and pace to match sometimes let down by over complicating set plays and too much long ball action.

It's going to be an interesting game next weekend

Take it Talbot didn't have any say on the price of the programme.

Sorry but BSC just strike me as bunch of money grabbers.

£10 to get in and £4 for programme.

Were they selling raffle tickets?

So anyway £14 and you haven't bought a pie and bovril.

Well done lads, sounds a long way from a group of parents organising a bit of after school sport to help the local kids.

Well done lads, sounds a long way from a group of parents organising a bit of after school sport to help the local kids.

Agree with all you say. But the last sentence is surely what most folk want? The stick they've taken for being 'made up fc' and a 'boys club team' has been embarrassing from some. Wouldn't surprise me if the thinking was 'well would a boys club do this? '

It matters to pccabe, who has been derogatory to our club throughout p&b.....I have never disrespected another football club on here.....he does junior football no credit. We are just trying to create a football club at BSC Glasgow and we will get things wrong and get some things right......what is so bad at trying to start something new?.....I don't get the animosity, maybe its just a Scottish thing.

Who at the club thought it was a good idea to charge £4 for a programme?

A football club trying to maximise their income for a bigger than normal cup clash

No way, football clubs dinna do that do they...... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the extra 5er on the gate won't put any of the Talbot fans into serious money problems

A football club trying to maximise their income for a bigger than normal cup clash

No way, football clubs dinna do that do they...... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the extra 5er on the gate won't put any of the Talbot fans into serious money problems

It's not really "bigger than normal" though, is it?

It's a tie against an under supported team at the wrong end of the LL.

It's a fairly run of the mill if anything. Drawing a league side would perhaps provide justification for this sort of price bump, but R1 against BSC? Nah, there's no value in that.

obviously people will still pay up but that's not really the point.

The programme is a rip off, but that's not compulsory..... You don't have to buy one :lol:

Who cares how old they are? What difference does it make?

The admission price is a rip off as well.

We only charged that when playing Airdrie.

How can they justify such rip off prices?

Talbot suggested a lower price, let's not forget about that.

Well they're clearly a bit shy about following their suggestion up given that BSC couldn't have charged what they did without Talbot's approval.

Archived