Talbots scottish cup replay

williebhoy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can see it's not the Talbot who are moaning about the price of the tickets for yesterday's game but fans from other clubs not involved in the game and a few senior thicko trolls.

Maybe not on here QL but there was plenty moaning about the prices, plenty of folk grudgingly paid the £10 it was either pay it or don't see their team play they didn't gee folk much option.

BTW bought a cracking wee programme at the Morton v Rangers game today glossy pages, full of colour photo's and plenty of interesting reading, maybe about 30 pages worth...................cost £2.

Just to add £8 for the replay is still too high, plus add in the cost of the tube of voltarol for the stiff neck you get watch the ball being humped up and doon the park for 90 mins and it all adds up.

As long as Talbot keep winning and are the team to beat I couldn't give a flying f**k how high the ball gets punted. Simple fact of the matter is Talbot win because what they do works.

We could try and play scintillating football like a recent team I saw play against St Johnstone and get pumped against the better teams.

With regards to the pricing for yesterday's game, personally I too thought it was a bit much but I really don't see how Talbot are to blame here.

Talbot used to play good football a couple of seasons ago but when you lose quality like Pettigrew, Spence and Gormley I suppose the standard in play will drop. They play a system that now relies mostly on work rate and fitness which will win Talbot a lot of games but when it doesn't win them games then the punters start to moan about the lack of football being played. Talbot are still a very strong team and will be there and there about's but everyone can see they lack that bit of quality at the moment and unless tucker goes out and brings in that quality then this season may not be as successful as previous ones.

As for the pricing Talbot maybe should have forced the issue and made BSC charge normal league prices as has been pointed out they could have done by not agreeing to the tenner put forward by BSC which would have then meant the ruling would have applied where league prices would be all BSC could have charged.

I don't have any problem with Talbot. But to suggest that the entry cost yesterday was all the fault of those Glasgow boys is patently not true. This really isn't the place to talk through my club's ailments. But they're starting to show a bit on the pitch now. See you next Spring hopefully.

Perhaps BSC suggested £15....

Although notice talbots replay fees are still a good few quid higher than league games.

Let's be honest here and stop slating the LL .

They're just like all clubs and just want to go about their business in the best possible fashion.

And the standard can't be too bad as the scottish junior cup champions in Talbot have had two bites at them in the senior scottish cup and have been knocked out once and drawn the other .

All clubs deserve respect and I've got no problem with BSC ( the £4 programme apart)

My view for what it's worth. I accept that from time to time I will inevitably get shafted somewhere for following the Talbot because of the level of our support.

If BSC charge £7 for their LL games, charging £10 for a Scottish Cup tie is some 43% over and above their normal charges, which themselves are 40% over and above other LL games from what I can ascertain? If that was tried at the Junior grade fans would vote with their feet, but this being the senior Scottish Cup, BSC knew full well that the Talbot fans wouldn't do this and hence the pricing structure. That to me suggests a disreputable attitude to the game in general, ie, they were prepared to fleece fans.

Programmes. I run a Facebook page for collectors of all grades of Scottish non league programmes and memorabilia, and before such games I always offer collectors the opportunity to get the programme for the usual cash price, or if the recipient is going to another such game then a straight exchange would be fine. The idea is to foster a community where this kind of things happen without the need for ebay or dealers. As I had taken pre orders for 5 collectors yesterday, out of my own pocket, I was then left with forking out £20 for 5 programmes that weren't worth anything like that amount. I paid £1 per programme for our previous tie at Hermes and it was as good a programme as the one on offer at BSC yesterday.

To me, the above is an absolutely scandalous way to treat fans. At such games, and Junior Cup ties I usually buy 10 programmes from each game, but only bought 5 yesterday to cover my pre orders, which has left me personally well out of pocket. In effect, having offered collectors the opportunity to pre purchase a programme I couldn't let them down due to BSC's scandalous fleecing of fans over a very basic programme, laden with adverts and very little content.

When I queried this with the club a committee man on the gate said they normally charge £2 per programme, but because they were playing Talbot they charged £4.

That's like going into a pub on a Saturday and normally paying £3 for pint of Guinness or the like, only to be told on your next visit that it's £6 because it's Sunday.

It's a tawdry and shoddy practice and does Scottish nonleague football any good whatsoever. There's no excuse for it whatsoever but sadly reflects the economic thinking of the day which seems to be "screw the public, we'll get away with it" Not nice.

My view for what it's worth. I accept that from time to time I will inevitably get shafted somewhere for following the Talbot because of the level of our support.

If BSC charge £7 for their LL games, charging £10 for a Scottish Cup tie is some 43% over and above their normal charges, which themselves are 40% over and above other LL games from what I can ascertain? If that was tried at the Junior grade fans would vote with their feet, but this being the senior Scottish Cup, BSC knew full well that the Talbot fans wouldn't do this and hence the pricing structure. That to me suggests a disreputable attitude to the game in general, ie, they were prepared to fleece fans.

Programmes. I run a Facebook page for collectors of all grades of Scottish non league programmes and memorabilia, and before such games I always offer collectors the opportunity to get the programme for the usual cash price, or if the recipient is going to another such game then a straight exchange would be fine. The idea is to foster a community where this kind of things happen without the need for ebay or dealers. As I had taken pre orders for 5 collectors yesterday, out of my own pocket, I was then left with forking out £20 for 5 programmes that weren't worth anything like that amount. I paid £1 per programme for our previous tie at Hermes and it was as good a programme as the one on offer at BSC yesterday.

To me, the above is an absolutely scandalous way to treat fans. At such games, and Junior Cup ties I usually buy 10 programmes from each game, but only bought 5 yesterday to cover my pre orders, which has left me personally well out of pocket. In effect, having offered collectors the opportunity to pre purchase a programme I couldn't let them down due to BSC's scandalous fleecing of fans over a very basic programme, laden with adverts and very little content.

When I queried this with the club a committee man on the gate said they normally charge £2 per programme, but because they were playing Talbot they charged £4.

That's like going into a pub on a Saturday and normally paying £3 for pint of Guinness or the like, only to be told on your next visit that it's £6 because it's Sunday.

It's a tawdry and shoddy practice and does Scottish nonleague football any good whatsoever. There's no excuse for it whatsoever but sadly reflects the economic thinking of the day which seems to be "screw the public, we'll get away with it" Not nice.

It's not too dissimilar to the semis and finals of the junior cup competitions. The price gets bumped from £5 to £7 for these, and £10 for the Scottish Cup final.

But the man from Linlithgow is right - Talbot clearly agreed to the price for this match so the blame can't be laid fully at BSC.

Well said.

Perhaps if Scottish fitba as a whole stops ripping the pish out of paying punters, they might get more punters coming to actually watch the game.

4 notes for a programme ahahaha they must think they are Glasgow Celtic.

It's not too dissimilar to the semis and finals of the junior cup competitions. The price gets bumped from £5 to £7 for these, and £10 for the Scottish Cup final.

But the man from Linlithgow is right - Talbot clearly agreed to the price for this match so the blame can't be laid fully at BSC.

The programme price suggests to

Me that bsc were thinking £12 entry and Talbot kept it down to a tenner so looked at alternative ways to get an extra pound or two

I don't understand why people are criticising BSC Glasgow over the admission prices - the rules say that the prices are agreed by both clubs, and if no agreement is reached the normal league admission prices apply. BSC Glasgow normally charge £7 thus if it was £10 yesterday then Talbot must have agreed to that price (and indeed will be receiving their share of the gate accordingly)... if they thought £10 was unreasonable they could have declined to agree to it and it would have been £7. You have to criticise both clubs or neither.

What are the prices for the replay?

Selling a programme at £4 is pretty outlandish - but then again it was a 'special issue' and a 'first issue' due to it being BSCG's first-ever home Scottish Cup tie, indeed their first-ever Scottish Cup tie full stop. For example there are a number of programme collectors who will be wanting one (or probably two) for their collections. Buying a programme isn't compulsory, either - like pies or lapel badges it's an optional extra.

I wonder if it may just have been debut naivety as opposed to profiteering... Even if 1/4 of the crowd bought one (which is probably unrealistically high?), and no-one declined to take one at £4 who would have bought one at £2 (which would be surprising), the difference would not even have quite amounted to a couple of dozen adult admissions. So if my assumptions are correct - it would be even less than that. In the context of the tie itself it would represent a fractional sum of income compared to gate takings/highlights fees/prizemoney. Maybe it was more daft than cunning.

Selling a programme at £4 is pretty outlandish - but then again it was a 'special issue' and a 'first issue' due to it being BSCG's first-ever home Scottish Cup tie, indeed their first-ever Scottish Cup tie full stop. For example there are a number of programme collectors who will be wanting one (or probably two) for their collections. Buying a programme isn't compulsory, either - like pies or lapel badges it's an optional extra.

There's absolutely no defending it regardless of how you dress it up, a PR gaff in that respect.

Re the admission price, OTT as well but you're right in that both clubs must have agreed to it.

I wonder if it may just have been debut naivety as opposed to profiteering... Even if 1/4 of the crowd bought one (which is probably unrealistically high?), and no-one declined to take one at £4 who would have bought one at £2 (which would be surprising), the difference would not even have quite amounted to a couple of dozen adult admissions. So if my assumptions are correct - it would be even less than that. In the context of the tie itself it would represent a fractional sum of income compared to gate takings/highlights fees/prizemoney. Maybe it was more daft than cunning.

Plenty of folk declined one at £4 who would have bought it if it was cheaper, I heard virtually the same conversation replayed a few times as I came in the gate, including the guy I was with.

Would you like a programme?

Yes please, how much?

£4

Whit? No thanks.

£8 & £4

Cheers. So again both clubs must have agreed, as Auchinleck's admission is £6 this season, IIRC?

Indeed £8 is £2 up on Talbot's usual and £10 was only £3 up on BSCG's usual. In percentage terms £8 is 34% up on Talbot's usual and £10 was 43% up on BSCG's usual. So people are quibbling over £1 or a differential of less than one-tenth?

And of course yesterday's tie was all-ticket too.

There's absolutely no defending it regardless of how you dress it up, a PR gaff in that respect.

Re the admission price, OTT as well but you're right in that both clubs must have agreed to it.

Not trying to defend it.... indeed I personally would almost certainly buy a programme at £2, but almost certainly not at £4. Just trying to conceive what the thinking may have been as they wouldn't have made a significant sum out of it. Ultimately they will either have sold less than anticipated or found that most people would pay £4...!!

Plenty of folk declined one at £4 who would have bought it if it was cheaper, I heard virtually the same conversation replayed a few times as I came in the gate, including the guy I was with.

Would you like a programme?

Yes please, how much?

£4

Whit? No thanks.

Well that's my point exactly.

If that happened half the time, then they'll have made no more than charging £2 would have.

Even if it only happened a quarter of the time the difference wouldn't make three figures.

Archived