Talbots scottish cup replay

williebhoy

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway with regards to the game itself was ok to watch. talbot certainly missed chances, one touch too many and wanting to score fancy goals I think being the reason. Both our goals being scored when we actually tried playing football only irritates me more when we play long ball. Genuinely think as long as we keep the ball low that we can easily win by a good few goals this weekend as their keeper is good in the air but mediocre anywhere else

Thing is though Talbot don't charge £2 over and above the admission charge set by the SJFA administrators, BSC do so in the Lowland League. Your percentage charges therefore need to take that into account. BSC's charge was 100% over and above the normal LL admission charge. Talbot's in 33% over and above theirs, and is comparable to what we played at Hermes in the qualifying round. We've also always paid that wee bit extra in whichever round and whichever club we've played home and away since we first entered the competition in 2009?

Cheers. So again both clubs must have agreed, as Auchinleck's admission is £6 this season, IIRC?

Indeed £8 is £2 up on Talbot's usual and £10 was only £3 up on BSCG's usual. In percentage terms £8 is 34% up on Talbot's usual and £10 was 43% up on BSCG's usual. So people are quibbling over £1 or a differential of less than one-tenth?

And of course yesterday's tie was all-ticket too.

Not trying to defend it.... indeed I personally would almost certainly buy a programme at £2, but almost certainly not at £4. Just trying to conceive what the thinking may have been as they wouldn't have made a significant sum out of it. Ultimately they will either have sold less than anticipated or found that most people would pay £4...!!

Well that's my point exactly.

If that happened half the time, then they'll have made no more than charging £2 would have.

Even if it only happened a quarter of the time the difference wouldn't make three figures.

Thing is though Talbot don't charge £2 over and above the admission charge set by the SJFA administrators, BSC do so in the Lowland League. Your percentage charges therefore need to take that into account. BSC's charge was 100% over and above the normal LL admission charge.

Why?

There isn't any set admission in LL anyway, e.g. a couple of clubs charge £4. Heaven knows why the Juniors go around telling clubs what to charge.

Why?

There isn't any set admission in LL anyway, e.g. a couple of clubs charge £4. Heaven knows why the Juniors go around telling clubs what to charge.

The Juniors don't go around telling clubs what to charge. The clubs agree what the admission fees are at the AGM, quite a big difference.

The Juniors don't go around telling clubs what to charge. The clubs agree what the admission fees are at the AGM, quite a big difference.

Is it not a non-variable fixed figure set by simple majority, though?

My understanding was that clubs can't charge less - presumably not more either - and it wasn't just a recommendation or guideline.

Which means exactly what I said - the (West) Juniors tell clubs what to charge.

Apologies if that's not the case.

EDIT:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/WestRegionFiles/Handbook/00%20-%20Handbook%202015-16%20(V-03).pdf

Finance

1. The gross receipts of all league matches shall be retained by the Home club unless otherwise mutually agreed upon.

2. Admission to all grounds under the jurisdiction of the Region shall be:

Superleague Premier + Superleague First Division

Adult - £6.00

Child & Senior Citizens - £3.00

District Leagues

Adult - £5.00

Child & Senior Citizen - £2.50

3. Charges for entry to Cup Competitions other than Semi and Final shall be those prices normally charged by the home club unless otherwise agreed by both clubs.

So, for arguments sake, if Petershill wanted a £5 admission instead of £6, they could do that if they wanted and the SJFA/West Region (apologies if there's a different body) wouldn't put a stop to this?

As far as league games go the home team keeps all the gate receipts, so the only body suffering would be the home club, the Region in theory could put a stop to this but who is going to compliain about getting in cheaper? Several clubs do things like let kids in free, which technically is breaking the rules, but as they are the only body suffering I've never heard of any action being taken. Cup ties are different as the gate is split and the region get a percentage, so the set prices must be charged.

And it's a non-variable fixed figure set by a simple majority, yes?

My understanding was that clubs can't charge less - presumably not more either - and it wasn't just a recommendation or guideline.

Which means exactly what I said - the (West) Juniors tell clubs what to charge.

Apologies if that's not the case.

The West Juniors is/are the clubs, is it not? It's not some dictat from the management committee, it's decided by the majority vote of the 64 club reps. The figure in reality is to stop teams charging more rather than less.

As far as league games go the home team keeps all the gate receipts, so the only body suffering would be the home club, the Region in theory could put a stop to this but who is going to compliain about getting in cheaper? Several clubs do things like let kids in free, which technically is breaking the rules, but as they are the only body suffering I've never heard of any action being taken. Cup ties are different as the gate is split and the region get a percentage, so the set prices must be charged.

The clubs who were getting undercut would potentially suffer too through smaller crowds.

My point is it makes no sense (IMO) to have potentially 33 clubs setting non-variable prices for 64 clubs.

If their own circumstances mean some clubs would be better-suited charging £4 or £6 instead of £5 / etc., why shouldn't that be permitted.

On the contrary, its about time standard prices were set in the SPFL so some sets of fans don't get charged more than other fans for visiting the same stadia/opposition..

The Juniors have it bang on in this regard.

On the contrary, its about time standard prices were set in the SPFL so some sets of fans don't get charged more than other fans for visiting the same stadia/opposition..

The Juniors have it bang on in this regard.

Hearts and Cowdenbeath should've been charging the same last season?

Not a cheep from pccabe on Talbot charging £8 for the replay. Thank f**k!

Have Talbot doubled their price to get into a Junior ground?

A team who use a Junior ground charging £10 to watch another Junior ground is a joke.

If you can't see that then you must enjoy being rogered by your club.

I don't understand why people are criticising BSC Glasgow over the admission prices - the rules say that the prices are agreed by both clubs, and if no agreement is reached the normal league admission prices apply. BSC Glasgow normally charge £7 thus if it was £10 yesterday then Talbot must have agreed to that price (and indeed will be receiving their share of the gate accordingly)... if they thought £10 was unreasonable they could have declined to agree to it and it would have been £7. You have to criticise both clubs or neither.

What are the prices for the replay?

Selling a programme at £4 is pretty outlandish - but then again it was a 'special issue' and a 'first issue' due to it being BSCG's first-ever home Scottish Cup tie, indeed their first-ever Scottish Cup tie full stop. For example there are a number of programme collectors who will be wanting one (or probably two) for their collections. Buying a programme isn't compulsory, either - like pies or lapel badges it's an optional extra.

I wonder if it may just have been debut naivety as opposed to profiteering... Even if 1/4 of the crowd bought one (which is probably unrealistically high?), and no-one declined to take one at £4 who would have bought one at £2 (which would be surprising), the difference would not even have quite amounted to a couple of dozen adult admissions. So if my assumptions are correct - it would be even less than that. In the context of the tie itself it would represent a fractional sum of income compared to gate takings/highlights fees/prizemoney. Maybe it was more daft than cunning.

Also increased stewarding costs, do BSC have any at LL games?

And with the ground being rented, these are normally rented on terms for league games then a game by game basis for cups...Maryhill may have asked for more for this game than others.

Also increased stewarding costs, do BSC have any at LL games?

And with the ground being rented, these are normally rented on terms for league games then a game by game basis for cups...Maryhill may have asked for more for this game than others.

If you can't host a scottish senior cup match in its first round at your " own" ground then you shouldn't be in the tournament for me .

Every team In that competition should have their own ground for me that fits the criteria.

Archived