Hearts v Gary Locke

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy McGrory scored 408 top flight league goals.

Robbo scored 229 league goals.

How many has Boyd scored likes? I make it 216 if you are willing to include American sack'r?

Boyd is currently 2 goals behind Robertson on the all-time Scottish top flight list. Robertson scored 192, Boyd has 190 (101 for Rangers, 89 for Killie).

Statistics will show Steven Fletcher scored seven goals in the 10 games of Scotland's last qualifying campaign. That means about as much as Kris Boyd's record against John Robertson's.

Robertson was a much better finisher and a superior all round player. That's based on Robertson's last five years at Hearts as well, I wasn't fortunate enough to see him at his peak.

Statistics will show Steven Fletcher scored seven goals in the 10 games of Scotland's last qualifying campaign. That means about as much as Kris Boyd's record against John Robertson's.

Robertson was a much better finisher and a superior all round player. That's based on Robertson's last five years at Hearts as well, I wasn't fortunate enough to see him at his peak.

That's also subjective ...Ronaldo > Messi etc . The number of goals scored no matter what you think is what neutral fans will judge players on,especially if they haven't witnessed them

That's also subjective ...Ronaldo > Messi etc . The number of goals scored no matter what you think is what neutral fans will judge players on,especially if they haven't witnessed them

Of course it's subjective. Ronaldo and Messi are of a similar quality, however, while Robertson was a much better player than Boyd.

statistics count.... fortunately Hearts fans opinions dont

Archived