Old Firm Leaving Again

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The diddies in foment (again) over a non-story.

Dermot Desmond can say what he likes to appease the brain-dead grey and green hordes but they need all the sound bites they can get as their club is imploding.

From a Rangers POV? We're firmly Scotland's eminent club and any notion of us playing anywhere other than Scotland is trash talk.

Dermot the rangers1872 destroyer can definitely say what he wants. Spent a few bucks back in the year 2000 and the rest (or should that be rangers) is history.

It's a good story now and again but I'm sure he said the same thing 10 years ago.

The Scottish League would be fantastic without Celtic but can't say the thought of paying average players 50K per week rather than 15k fills me with any excitement.

RG, the answer is in your question.

I know they're trying to sell papers, get clicks etc. etc.

But of all the stories they could have on you two, why do they bother promoting the idea of you leaving this league?

In a hypothetical scenario to allow this to happen the English Championship clubs would be have to all be happy that 2 teams who never earned their place in the Premiership are given priority before them. The Premiership would have to allow normal promotion and playoffs and create 2 extra league positions to even compromise that is if the FA are desperate to have the two.

What if the Championship clubs say no?.

Then we are onto inserting the uglys into that league making it 26 teams, ......Championship clubs and the League 1 clubs say no......

and so on and so on until the first obvious place to start would be the Northern Conference where clubs might take a different view and welcome the large supports and therefore vote them in. It might not be a problem there as there might be positions vacant due to clubs either not meeting criteria from coming up or clubs going bust. But it would mean 5 years of back to back promotions to reach the Premiership and probably at League 1 their progress would come to a grinding halt.

It always gets left out what the English clubs views on having two clubs who are not necessarily bigger than them given favouritism over hard working clubs in the Championship grafting away year after year to reach that goal of playing against the likes of Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea in the same league.

All a dream world for the fantasists anyway.

Ki Sung Yeung was POTY in a team that finished 8th. There are 3 former Celtic players in the team that finished 7th and just beat their champions. Celtic just drew with Fenerbahce and Ajax. The notion that relegation-fodder BPL teams are miles ahead of us in anything other than ability to pay ridiculous transfer fees is stupid.

I know they're trying to sell papers, get clicks etc. etc.

But of all the stories they could have on you two, why do they bother promoting the idea of you leaving this league?

Because their puppet masters at Parkhead and Ibrox have told them to.

We should get behind the idea and promote it. Once they have fucked off we can lock the door behind them and watch them fail before begging to be let back in.

You seem to not understand, the reasons the clubs/company higher archery want to see us in England, isn't about sporting glor, winning trophies etc...

Its about money. Nothing more, nothing less, they'd be happy with avoiding relegation as the cash would keep rolling in, even in the Championship we'd make more money.

Even at the lowest point, none of the welsh clubs playing in England wanted to join the welsh league after its formation

You seem to not understand, the reasons the clubs/company higher archery want to see us in England, isn't about sporting glor, winning trophies etc...

Its about money. Nothing more, nothing less, they'd be happy with avoiding relegation as the cash would keep rolling in, even in the Championship we'd make more money.

Even at the lowest point, none of the welsh clubs playing in England wanted to join the welsh league after its formation

post-31698-0-42038300-1443967830.jpg

Column in today's Scotland on Sunday notes that Dermot Desmond predicted the Old Firm would be playing in EPL within 10 years in 2001 & 2008.

Are you posting this to tell us Dermot talks shite or to tell us you read Scotland on Sunday?

Has anyone actually asked the old firm fans what they want?

Let's just pretend for a minute that England invites them down to join their super duper sky/BT subsidised league.

Are 100% of the fans actually in favour of this?

Sure, they get to see better players and play bigger games every week. But at what cost?

I'd assume a good few actually like being the big fish in a small pond.

Can Old firm fans afford the season tickets?

Do Old firm fans want to travel hundreds of miles every 2nd weekend?

I'm not convinced that even if they were invited that all the fans would be happy.

Has anyone actually asked the old firm fans what they want?

Let's just pretend for a minute that England invites them down to join their super duper sky/BT subsidised league.

Are 100% of the fans actually in favour of this?

Sure, they get to see better players and play bigger games every week. But at what cost?

I'd assume a good few actually like being the big fish in a small pond.

Can Old firm fans afford the season tickets?

Do Old firm fans want to travel hundreds of miles every 2nd weekend?

I'm not convinced that even if they were invited that all the fans would be happy.

Are the going to stop showing Sky in Scotland?

Archived