If we don't make it....

The Shark

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that be the same Slovakia who are two points behind Spain in the group and beat them during the group.

Our delusions as to our standing in the game are hilarious

If we can't get a play off in the euro group we have zero prospects in the wc qualifiers

Completely agree

Also think everyone is underestimating Slovenia.

We're more likely to finish 4th than 2nd.

Strachan has made a right c**t of this group. Playing safe in dublin started the freefall. I.d give him one more tournie after this otherwise its time to look elsewhere....

Not as big a c**t of what you've made of yourself in this thread to be fair.

Hmm our performances have been mostly gash since and including Dublin as well as his resistance to change the line up. If we go out with a whimper and Steven fletcher getting Another 90 ineffective minutes then it needs looking at.

Hmm our performances have been mostly gash since and including Dublin as well as his resistance to change the line up. If we go out with a whimper and Steven fletcher getting Another 90 ineffective minutes then it needs looking at.

what was the iWatch thing?

Some guy asked him before the Georgia game if there was any hangover from the last time we lost to them.

Chesney took umbrage for reason and instead of answering the guy's entirely legitimate question, started talking about iWatches and how amazing they are.

Some people found it funny.

We don't have the players to do anything of note internationally for twenty years now.

Sacking the manager will not make any difference. Some managers set us up to lose narrowly and some have a go. Ultimately we will lose both ways.

We need a big player to build a team around.

4th and I wouldn't renew his contract. Playoff a defeat to a much better side and I'd probably keep him. It's never going to happen but imagine if we punted him and Sir Alex signed on for a campaign...

We don't have the players to do anything of note internationally for twenty years now.

Sacking the manager will not make any difference. Some managers set us up to lose narrowly and some have a go. Ultimately we will lose both ways.

We need a big player to build a team around.

Certainly the way Iceland n norn iron have gone about it....mind Iceland had a piss easy group compared to ours...fwiw I'm not sure sacking wgs would help at all when we have no stand out replacement.....we need him to make better selection decisions tho....we have undeniably made progress but don't think anyone could realistically say we are getting the maximum performance n results from the players available to us

Guest DAVIDB69

Certainly the way Iceland n norn iron have gone about it....mind Iceland had a piss easy group compared to ours...fwiw I'm not sure sacking wgs would help at all when we have no stand out replacement.....we need him to make better selection decisions tho....we have undeniably made progress but don't think anyone could realistically say we are getting the maximum performance n results from the players available to us

Iceland had Holland and turkey in their group, what would we have done with those teams.

It's clear that if we fail to make the play off WGS has to go as it's clear the system doesn't work or achieve very much.

If he doesn't go it's more of the same with the same players and tactics in the next tournament

4th and I wouldn't renew his contract. Playoff a defeat to a much better side and I'd probably keep him. It's never going to happen but imagine if we punted him and Sir Alex signed on for a campaign...

We'd still be stuck with the same players. Strachan has done more with them than the previous managers. Could have done with a bit less loyalty to Brown and Forrest mind you.

We'd still be stuck with the same players. Strachan has done more with them than the previous managers. Could have done with a bit less loyalty to Brown and Forrest mind you.

We'd need somebody with new ideas and no favourites, somebody from outside Scotland, perhaps the UK.

4th is not acceptable, we can't reward failure.

I'd keep Strachan also but I think he'll walk if we don't make the playoffs. If that were to happen could Moyes be in with a shout providing he doesn't go for the Sunderland job? He's currently hovering above the relegation zone with Sociedad.

I'd keep Strachan also but I think he'll walk if we don't make the playoffs. If that were to happen could Moyes be in with a shout providing he doesn't go for the Sunderland job? He's currently hovering above the relegation zone with Sociedad.

Moyes would be a very 'meh' appointment. So far in his career he's really only ever been a safe manager, keeping Everton mid-table for several seasons (with one spike when they reached the Champions' League qualifiers).

I agree with enigma - a foreign manager who would not be blinkered by tradition/favourites might just be the way to go...if it comes to that. Hopefully we don't have to go down the new manager route for a few years yet though.

Moyes would be a very 'meh' appointment. So far in his career he's really only ever been a safe manager, keeping Everton mid-table for several seasons (with one spike when they reached the Champions' League qualifiers).

I agree with enigma - a foreign manager who would not be blinkered by tradition/favourites might just be the way to go...if it comes to that. Hopefully we don't have to go down the new manager route for a few years yet though.

He wouldn't be any better than Strachan but I think 'meh' is a bit harsh. I do agree with the points about getting a foreign manager in though, but who do we go for? I'm hoping Ancelotti fancies a stint at Hampden :lol:

We will finish 4th therefore he will have failed so ultimately has to pay the price with his job simple as that.

Anyone who thinks we will get something on Thursday is smoking or taking something illegal. Minimum 2 or 3 goal victory for the Poles and then we will end with a limp 2-0 zzzzzzzz win against Gibraltar wondering what if...........

The draw against Ireland and defeat against Georgia has cost us and ultimately will cost him his job, that and his often contradictory selection policy.

Archived