Tory Party Conference

Fide

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when was 37% a majority of those who voted?

However you want to look at it, Votes cast, Seats won... Under the present system they took the required percentage of the vote to form a Government.

However you want to look at it, Votes cast, Seats won... Under the present system they took the required percentage of the vote to form a Government.

And a massive 15% of votes cast in Scotland.

Yay democracy!

Literally not interested that 37% of the electorate voted for them, they're pig fucking deviants that have gleefully condemned millions to misery and/ or death. I hope they're attacked in the streets. Anyone that cites being egged as a reason to vote Tory is just looking for an excuse to be vile and vote for them.

Edited for more accurate figure provided by Todders. Cheers, m8.

"I hope they are attacked in the streets"

The electorate put them there legitimately through the ballot box, and that's how you deal with it. Jesus!!

And a massive 15% of votes cast in Scotland.

Yay democracy!

Like I said, under the present system. You want to change it,there's only one way to do it.

(Didn't UKIP take almost 4 Million votes but returned only 1 MP, The SNP securing 56 Seats and a huge influence at Westminster on the back of just 1.5 Million votes btw)?

Could the system be changed in a Indy Scotland, yes of course, but we didn't vote for one.

Gonna have sit tight for a while Fidey, and wait for the next one I guess.

It's a close call but I think this one is the worst, worse than that rat f**k Gove or even Gideon. Witch.

Theresa May's immigration speech is dangerous and factually wrong

The Home Secretary is fanning the flames of prejudice in a cynical attempt to become Conservative leader -- This from the Torygraph too!

It's a close call but I think this one is the worst, worse than that rat f**k Gove or even Gideon. Witch.

Theresa May's immigration speech is dangerous and factually wrong

The Home Secretary is fanning the flames of prejudice in a cynical attempt to become Conservative leader -- This from the Torygraph too!

It amazes me that the average Tory still trusts the likes of May when it comes to immigration. For all her gum bashing over the last 6 years, she and her party have wholly failed to deliver on their bonkers promises re net migration.

Like I said, under the present system. You want to change it,there's only one way to do it.

(Didn't UKIP take almost 4 Million votes but returned only 1 MP, The SNP securing 56 Seats and a huge influence at Westminster on the back of just 1.5 Million votes btw)?

Could the system be changed in a Indy Scotland, yes of course, but we didn't vote for one.

Gonna have sit tight for a while Fidey, and wait for the next one I guess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13297573

Wish everyone moaning about the snp gaining more seats than ukip with fewer votes in the uks shit electoral system could just shut up and accept the democratic settled will of the people etc etc

Theresa May gives a speech so awful that even the Torygraph attacks her. Thankfully she doesn't have enough support amongst MPs to become leader, because I'm pretty certain I'd leave the party if she did.

Tories really showing themselves up as a horrible party recently. May's speech is just another in a long time of awful, detrimental policies aimed at castigating vulnerable people, the ones they said they'd be in the best position to protect at the general election.

I'm sure they'll soften themselves again in 2018 or so, just in time to get re-elected. The worst bit about it is the general public in England and Wales will fall for it hook, line and sinker all over again.

Not that I'm saying Scotland is any better - if it wasn't for the poll tax we'd be voting in the exact same manner.

Powerhouse is obviously the political buzzword of the time,

Northern Powerhouse and Holyrood being a powerhouse Parliament, from the Tories

Scotland being the real Northern Powerhouse from the SNP

A memories for the days when everything was just super,

Super-jails, Super-hospitals

It's laughable to be told to expect to accept the democratic result when an antiquated system has put a party in office who have every intention of making life utterly miserable for people who have no real recourse.

And a massive 9% of votes cast in Liverpool.

Yay democracy!

You think Scotland is comparable to a city rather than a nation state in a disjointed political union? It's cringing distractions like this tendency to equate Scotland with a an English city that encourage people to think unionists hold the nation in nothing but contempt.

You think Scotland is comparable to a city rather than a nation state in a disjointed political union? It's cringing distractions like this tendency to equate Scotland with a an English city that encourage people to think unionists hold the nation in nothing but contempt.

We are divided into constituencies when electing the House of Commons, not countries. If you think someone from Liverpool deserves a Tory government any more than you do, you're an idiot.

We are divided into constituencies when electing the House of Commons, not countries. If you think someone from Liverpool deserves a Tory government any more than you do, you're an idiot.

Scourers deserve a lot more than Tories for having that horrible accent.

This doesn't quite have the same meaning since the EVEL issue has been raised. No longer will a parliamentarian solely representing a constituency.

Anyone who doesn't realise this would be an idiot.

Archived