Dundee United V Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was as bad as I've seen for a long time. Hearts were shite, atmosphere was shite, match was shite but the worst of the lot were United, brutal.

Very few players in that XI today that I would like to be there come February.

All I have to say is this, Sow has the most effeminate voice Ive ever heard from a big guy.

He was calling for a pass from Swanson amd I was pishing myself laughing at him

"Daneeeeeee Daneeeeeeee".

Everyone's a winner. You got a good laugh and we got 3 points.

That was pretty dire, expected United to come at us a bit more considering it was Mixu's first game but they were as poor a team as we've seen all season, we certainly weren't streets ahead either.

Frustrating again to see only one of our wingers starting, though Sam did well especially for the goal though. Juanma is probably the best player in the team but he's so frustrating to watch, needs to man up a bit and get on with it instead of bitching to the referee about everything. Thought United's defence were the only positive for them today, managed to deal with Juanma and Sow quite well, particularly in the air, not sure what Kuhl's role is but it's brilliant to watch from an opposition's perspective in terms of being shite. :lol:

The highlight of the game was having Andy Walker walking in front of the Hearts supporter twice, he looked absolutely fizzing going past the second time.

Good win for us, hopefully we can kick on with a set formation to challenge Aberdeen for 2nd.

atill trying to sum it up coherently but I'm struggling.

A new manager starts and is given 3 envelopes. When he hits a rocky patch he opens the first envelope . Inside is a note saying " blame the previous guy". That works, and then the next time he hits a rocky patch he opens the second and there is a note saying " blame the team" . That works and then the next time he hits a problem he opens the third envelope and there is a note saying " prepare 3 envelopes"

Mixu can legitametly blame the previous guy as this is a team that has a lot of bad habits.

- inability to execute the basics viz a vie passing the ball

- poor positional awareness- across the team

- lazy attitude / jobsworth attitude/ poor work rate - they just don't play as a team.

Much of this is because Jackie didn't know who the first team was, and all the summer signings haven't helped. We start with good intentions but if we don't score within the first 20 minutes it all starts to fizzle out.

I'm looking forward to the enevitable clear out and the focus on developing the core team that the youths will eventually feed into. Mixu will need to focus on targeting quality signings in January with the hope he can instil in the existing squad to execute the fucking basics and cut out all the fancy footwork that leads to zero end product.

. Thought United's defence were the only positive for them today, managed to deal with Juanma and Sow quite well, particularly in the air, not sure what Kuhl's role is but it's brilliant to watch from an opposition's perspective in terms of being shite. :lol:

Durnan was unfathomably rotten.

atill trying to sum it up coherently but I'm struggling.

A new manager starts and is given 3 envelopes. When he hits a rocky patch he opens the first envelope . Inside is a note saying " blame the previous guy". That works, and then the next time he hits a rocky patch he opens the second and there is a note saying " blame the team" . That works and then the next time he hits a problem he opens the third envelope and there is a note saying " prepare 3 envelopes"

Mixu can legitametly blame the previous guy as this is a team that has a lot of bad habits.

- inability to execute the basics viz a vie passing the ball

- poor positional awareness- across the team

- lazy attitude / jobsworth attitude/ poor work rate - they just don't play as a team.

Much of this is because Jackie didn't know who the first team was, and all the summer signings haven't helped. We start with good intentions but if we don't score within the first 20 minutes it all starts to fizzle out.

I'm looking forward to the enevitable clear out and the focus on developing the core team that the youths will eventually feed into. Mixu will need to focus on targeting quality signings in January with the hope he can instil in the existing squad to execute the fucking basics and cut out all the fancy footwork that leads to zero end product.

Not a Frenchman IMO.

Durnan was unfathomably rotten.

Couldn't believe the amount of times he let the ball bounce. That's pretty basic defending. I wanted Dundee to go after him in the summer but it looks like we've maybe dodged a bullet there. Julen is the far better defender.

Was pretty horrific to watch and was surprised at how low in confidence United were. A new manager often changes that. He has a lot of work to do. Was at Arbroath v Montrose the day before which was much more entertaining. Robbie had us playing defensively when we played The Rangers and Hibs last season. Seems he is doing it against everyone this year.

Was pretty horrific to watch and was surprised at how low in confidence United were. A new manager often changes that. He has a lot of work to do. Was at Arbroath v Montrose the day before which was much more entertaining. Robbie had us playing defensively when we played The Rangers and Hibs last season. Seems he is doing it against everyone this year.

That was only our 4th clean sheet of the season.

If Robbie is currently concentrating on making things solid at the back then that's fine with me

Lower league football generally is, to be honest. They can't compete for entertainment when the top teams really hit form but normally they are far better to watch.

I watched Swansea v Stoke last night and what was on display was, truly, only marginally better than United v Hearts.

Archived