The Price Of Football 2015

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I had a quick look but couldn't see it ...

The BBC has done a survey on the cost of watching each club in the UK.

For Falkirk it claims that the highest match-day ticket at £19 is 11% below the league average !! I'm guessing that this average is skewed by having 'Rangers' in the league !?

Most interesting though is the cost per goal - £11.36 for Falkirk FFS !!

BBC The Price Of Football 2015

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere - I had a quick look but couldn't see it ...

The BBC has done a survey on the cost of watching each club in the UK.

For Falkirk it claims that the highest match-day ticket at £19 is 11% below the league average !! I'm guessing that this average is skewed by having 'Rangers' in the league !?

Most interesting though is the cost per goal - £11.36 for Falkirk FFS !!

BBC The Price Of Football 2015

Boo hoo we were over £20 a home goal :P:lol: . Ridiculous.

Queens' season tickets are comparatively expensive then.Why don't Rangers appear on the 'cost of a goal' table, I wonder?

We always have been, the two match discount system we have used for years isnt especially generous. That said the fact we charge a standard price across all areas means we show up unfavourably in low cost comparisons and very favourably in high cost ones.

Survey confirms that we are once again the cheapest place in the league to watch football.

Don't recall paying £18 to get into SP previously. Falkirk used to be that much and the big teams were always more but Raith were on a par with the rest of the championship. Have prices gone up?

Prices rose from £17 to £18 in the summer, doesn't affect me though with me being a season ticket holder.

Prices are even higher for Hibs and Rangers games though. Not sure what they prices will be. Hopefully its £20 for Rangers and £22 for Hibs

We are £19 and £18 for adults but already I know Hibs (£22), Raith (£20) St Mirren (£20) and Rangers (£20) are more expensive.

Not sure what QOS and Dumbarton charge Away fans?

As far as I'm aware, we charge £18 for adults. Have we started charging £20 for some games?

We always have been, the two match discount system we have used for years isnt especially generous. That said the fact we charge a standard price across all areas means we show up unfavourably in low cost comparisons and very favourably in high cost ones.

Survey confirms that we are once again the cheapest place in the league to watch football.

Yes, which is of course, very good.

I also am in favour of the decision not to categorise our games last season and this. That practice strikes me as opportunistic, exploitative and essentially unfair.

Your right, we're charging Hibs and Rangers £20 for tickets which is still less than what they charge us..

They're only £18 for Falkirk fans though..

Rangers is £20 mate.

Hibs are £22

Fair play on only charging us £18 though

Hate all this Category A prices Championship clubs have started charging.

It's bad enough that having Hibs and Rangers here has dragged prices up without acting all Premiership like.

This doesn't end well.

It'll probably stop this year when Rangers get promoted. I suppose they might stick with it for as long as Hibs are in the league...another 5 years?

Archived