ICW Fear and Loathing VIII

Ira Gaines

Figure this show is big enough for it's own thread.

ICW World Heavyweight Championship

Drew Galloway © vs. Grado

ICW Ladies' Championship

Nikki Storm vs. ???

Hell on Earth Cage Match

The NAK vs. Legion

Damo vs. Jack Jester

Joe Coffey vs. Rhyno

STUFF!!!

So yeah, it's a big 'un. Who's going?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mrs suprised me with tickets to this 5 minutes after I surprised her with tickets for Imagine Dragons. She is some girl lol.

Bought a T-Shirt at pretty much every event we have been to so f**k knows who to show my support off for most.

Weirdest thing ever happened to me a few weeks ago. Got stopped for a picture by two boys in Asda they wanted to pose with me ...............well no not me they were infatuated with my Grado shirt and desperately wanted a photo with it.

The mrs suprised me with tickets to this 5 minutes after I surprised her with tickets for Imagine Dragons. She is some girl lol.

This reminds me that it's going to be murder getting home that night. About 17,000 people from both arenas. Oaft.

I'm not sure if a Zero G title match will be added btw. My guess is that it'll be Davey Boy vs. Stevie Boy and Kay Lee Ray.

This reminds me that it's going to be murder getting home that night. About 17,000 people from both arenas. Oaft.

I'm not sure if a Zero G title match will be added btw. My guess is that it'll be Davey Boy vs. Stevie Boy and Kay Lee Ray.

The poster pretty much confirms that this, or a similar match, will happen. I would hope that it would be just be Davey Boy (w/The Wee Man) vs Stevie Boy (w/Kay Lee Ray) for the title.

post-12228-0-23858800-1445009592_thumb.p

I really hope they leave the Man vs Woman stuff out of this, I know it's a work but I find it uncomfortable never mind thousands of folk seeing ICW for the first time. Not a great image to have in the press either.

Grado has to leave with the title too, I think they'll go with Renfrew cashing in because SWERVE~~!! but that'd be a brutal idea.

Renfrew cashing in wouldn't be a swerve though. In fact it makes perfect sense in storyline terms. It's ICW's biggest ever show. Why wouldn't you cash in? Especially since Grado and Drew will take each other to the limit and will be vulnerable

Because thousands of people are paying to watch the product for the first time largely because they've seen Grado on the TV and think he's funny. I've got mates that I've been to shows with before who don't know who Renfrew is, never mind that he's got a briefcase to win the title. It's all very well looking at it from the perspective of you, me, or any other folk that follow the results and go regularly, but you will just confuse folk who have no idea what's going on. They almost need to view this show as completely separate from anything else they've done and send the fans home happy, wanting to pay them 20 quid for a ticket again. And I don't buy into them wanting to see Grado get revenge on a guy they have never heard of how runs in and wins the title.

There's no way any company in the world should be booking a show from a "new eyes" perspective. They've got where they are by doing what they do, carry on doing it and people will watch.

Not saying Grado leaving with the gold shouldn't be what happens, but it shouldn't be booked just to pacify casual fans.

I think the majority of the crowd will be those who are already ICW fans

And those who know ICW from down south. There's a pretty sizeable crowd like that coming. The vast majority will certainly know exactly who Renfrew and the NAK are.

[anecdotal evidence] I have been to shows with four different people. Only one of them knows who Renfrew is. One of those guys is bringing five of his pals who know Grado, Drew, Rhyno and Foley. [/anecdotal evidence]

There will be a lot of stories like that. Booking for the casual fan for this ONE show is exactly what they need to do. Let the guys on the undercard showcase themselves as they always do and people will be hugely impressed. The cage match will do, Polo Promotions will do that, Joe Coffey will do that. But the main event is why people are buying tickets for this and they're paying to see Grado beat Drew. Give them that to send them home on a high after a great show where the talent do a great job.

[anecdotal evidence]The two folk I'm going with have to ICW shows before[/anecdotal evidence]

Although clearly there will be a lot of casual fans at this (thus the booking of Foley, and to a lesser extent Rhyno, although he has been on a few ICW shows already), I still maintain that most will already be fans of the product.

I do actually agree that Grado should win the title, but not to appease casual fans. If there is any cash in attempt, it should be unsuccessful (and there aren't many opportunities left what with The Square Go only a three months away). But that's because it's clearly time to Grado the title and a run with it.

You don't book an ICW show, which is heavily reliant on it's own fans pretty much more than once a month now, for a new audience.

And I still think Drew Galloway is my favourite option to win the title. But the idea of Grado winning and Jimmy Havoc going after him does strike me as appealing as well.

Archived