ICW Fear and Loathing VIII

Ira Gaines

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent fun tonight. The six man cage match was so ham fisted and the ending(s) so convoluted that it took the shine off a brilliant feud though.

Other than that, very good stuff. The title match was top notch and Grado has upped his game something mental over the last year. Galloway could wrestle a chair and pull a good match from it, he's one of the absolute best in the world just now and has improved exponentially since leaving WWE. It's simply a matter of time before that phone call is made to him again.

Was great to see Jimmy Havoc back as well, I marked out like a wee bitch at that point.

Foley did look a wee bit like a crap looking Santa Claus selling the Big Issue but he is a wrestling god so that's ok - it will be interesting to see the reaction of other promotions to how successful the night was - will WWE or TNA try and do a formal link up with them

Signed up to the on demand service yesterday so that I can watch this. Had a look through a couple of shows and it's actually quite a decent service.

Unable to avoid spoilers on Facebook and Twitter but still looking forward to seeing the show when it comes online. It sounded like a great night.

It will be very interesting to see how long they keep the title on Grado (sorry if this is a spoiler but it's all over Facebook and Twitter) - I just can't see Dallas and Renfrew giving him a long run at it - there is only one more show till the Square Go and that's Fear and Lothian so Renfrew will need to cash in there unless they have a wacky plan - I see Galloway getting the title back at the Square Go and then a massive build up to Fear and Loathing 9 - main event triple threat Grado v Galloway v Jester for the title

I take it you were there? We were too. Enjoyed it. What were you going to post?

nah I wasn't at the asylum, I had quoted something from the Facebook page about the bell time and some tickets being on the door, thought at the time it was for f&l then realised it had been posted the day before about the asylum.

Main event wasn't QUITE on the level of their Nottingham match, but it was a total screamer anyways. Women nearly stole the show. Tremendous three way there. Six man cage was pish, but I got where they were going with it. Just thought the rules and the match itself didn't play out well. Cracking opener.

I really enjoyed the show overall. Grado's journey to the title has been unbelieveable. I tend to look at wrestling now as a bit of a joke, but that is one story that emotionally I bought into, so f**k if hes not a great wrestler. Although for differing reasons, his story has been as enjoyable for me as Austin's chase for the title back in 97/98. The storytelling in ICW of late has been really good for me, really enjoyed the Davey/Stevie Boy feud as well and the ending. f**k, I even enjoyed a women's match.

Also, How good was Wolfgang's swanton bomb off the cage! :lol:

Two gripes though. The ending to the cage match was fuckin daft, they should have ended it when BT Gunn and Whiplash went through the tables.

Thought Jester and Damo was disappointing too, thought it would be a bit more violent. Its almost as if that match suffered because the cage match ending dragged on and they took forever getting the cage down. The crowd were beginning to get quite rowdy after the cage match too, some right dafties I thought there who just seemed to get worse with more drink, but thats the price of success, you get dafties everywhere, football matches, gigs, wherever, we just have to suck it up and deal wae it.

The Hydro, ps4/xbox one games, the momentum of the whole company seems unstoppable at the moment.

My first ever ICW show last night (or Sunday if you want to be a dick) and I thought it was absolutely amazing.

I knew a bit about them obviously due to the documentarys + Grado and wee bits I'd watched online to try to get a feel for the main players but I didn't expect anything like the production and professionalism I saw.

As soon as I walked in I was amazed by what I saw - the intro and atmosphere when Foley etc arrived was brilliant and then when Davie Boys music hit the whole place was rocking and I settled in and thought "I'm definitely going to enjoy this".

I found myself getting emotionally involved with some of the matches (particularly the main event of course) which proves how good it was.

I thought Grado selling when he got dropped on the chair and just made the 3 count was immense - I thought he was going to lose and everyone would be gutted and that suspension of disbelief is vital for any wrestling match.

I have watched 2 Raws since Wrestlemania and was going through a bit of a lull enjoying wrestling. Dont think last night will change my attitude currently to WWE but f**k me it has certainly inspired me to watch more ICW.

Also......

"One fall"

ONE FALL!!!!!!

Amazing to think that Foley probably got paid 10 times as much to do something that pretty much anybody could do, when 20 years ago, he was getting paid a pittance to get thrown through barbed wire and c4 explosives - something I'm sure hardly anyone would do.

Amazing to think that Foley probably got paid 10 times as much to do something that pretty much anybody could do, when 20 years ago, he was getting paid a pittance to get thrown through barbed wire and c4 explosives - something I'm sure hardly anyone would do.

I think that's about as textbook a case of 'paying your dues' as is possible to get. Nothing amazing about it at all.

Archived