East Fife v Stirling Albion

rhliston

Listening to Stuart McLaren trying to justify Willie Robertson's stamp was actually quite amusing! I felt sorry for Robertson for his sending off in the league game but make no bones about it if he was caught on cctv in street doing that he would be up in court on Monday! Yes Page & Mercer were lucky to stay on the park but if you witnessed your pal being stamped on then you would ease in too!

Ref said didn't give the pen & booked Austin for diving because no EF player appealed for it! Go figure!

Still think we're favourites for the replay

I wish I shared your confidence because both teams pretty well matched the only surprise today was how they both got 0 as they could still be playing the now without a goal.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I shared your confidence because both teams pretty well matched the only surprise today was how they both got 0 as they could still be playing the now without a goal.

So surely it wouldn't be a surprise then??? :huh:

A very poor match.It appears that managers have concluded that you can't win matches at this level by playing football on the deck.East Fife really should have won with the chances they had but the Stirling keeper looks the best I've seen this season.Stirling fans will know better than me if Robertson has talent,but he won!t have much oa career if he behaves as he did yesterday.He was a liability to his teammates.Tie is now 50/50.

Robertson accidentally hit the East Fife players head with the first contact but there is no doubt that he dug the studs into his chest for the second contact. I had a good view of the first contact and my view that it was accidental was formed before the second contact. I was shouting at him long before the inevitable red card was shown.

I take it for such a sending off that the suspension starts immediately and not the next cup tie?

Robertson accidentally hit the East Fife players head with the first contact but there is no doubt that he dug the studs into his chest for the second contact. I had a good view of the first contact and my view that it was accidental was formed before the second contact. I was shouting at him long before the inevitable red card was shown.

I take it for such a sending off that the suspension starts immediately and not the next cup tie?

I`m not sure given the fact it was a cup game and he may be just banned for at least 1 cup game depending on the referees report. Might be still available for the Shire game as it is in the League but could be wrong.

Violent conduct is always the next match regardless of tournament. Question is whether it is only one game?

If that is the case then both Comrie and Robertson will be unavailable for the Shire game.

He will have an automatic next game in any competition ban (next week) then whatever it is deemed fit cup games. Probably 2 games so he will miss the replay & Stirlings first SC game next season! See what I did there?

He will have an automatic next game in any competition ban (next week) then whatever it is deemed fit cup games. Probably 2 games so he will miss the replay & Stirlings first SC game next season! See what I did there?

Don't count your chickens yet, you may have missed your chance on Saturday. Draw for the 3rd Round is made on Monday I believe.

Could be a nice draw for either team, hopefully the Albion get through the replay and get a home tie against beatable opposition, not a trip to some far flung part of the Highlands. .

Tenner to get in to the replay.

Much more sensible pricing than Stirling's league price of £12 or East Fife's £13.

Agree, also the fact that Champions League games are on that night makes sense to reduce the prices in the hope to entice people out.

Winners of this replay will have a home tie against Cumbernauld Colts from the Lowland League. Dare I say it whoever wins should be able to beat them and book a place in the 4th Round. If that is the case possibility of a decent pay day if drawn to a Top side.

Winners of this replay will have a home tie against Cumbernauld Colts from the Lowland League. Dare I say it whoever wins should be able to beat them and book a place in the 4th Round. If that is the case possibility of a decent pay day if drawn to a Top side.

This should get both teams excited for the match on tuesday, knowing that it's somewhat an easier tie the round after and then a possibility of a payday in the fourth round.

Archived