East Fife v Stirling Albion

rhliston

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we won in the end thanks to a great free kick from Steven Doris in the 1st half. Huffed and puffed in the second half how Nathan Austin didn't score for East Fife in the 2nd half God only knows but hell we hung on in the end to set up a 3rd round tie at home with Cumbernauld Colts. Hopefully we should find it easier to beat them and onto the 4th round for a tie against a Premier side at home fingers crossed as they say.

One disappointment tonight was the injury to Ross McMillian, who looks likely to be out for at least 4/5 weeks maybe a lot longer.

Well done Binos. Should be a bye into round four now, right? :unsure2:

No, we'll play Cumbernauld Colts in round 3. As far as I know they haven't (yet) withdrawn through fear of playing the mighty Stirling Albion.

Very frustrating tonight. Comfortably the better team but missed 4 glorious chances. Oh well, that's foot

Wouldnt agree with that Doug, def the better team for the large part but not 'comfortably', we scored a great goal, had a great chance in the dying moments and your keeper made a great save to tip over from Dickson.

Austin looked very lively first half and missed two glorious chances both halves and if you dont take them you frankly don't deserve to win the match.

Well done Binos. Should be a bye into round four now, right? :unsure2:

No way we will treat Cumbernauld Colts with the respect due to them, given the result last night at Montrose it would be very foolish of us to think this tie is a walkover, its still to be won. If we can play to the best of our ability we should have more than enough to beat the Colts but when your supporting the Albion I TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED.

Very frustrating tonight. Comfortably the better team but missed 4 glorious chances. Oh well, that's football!!

Pretty even first half, second half EF had more of the ball, but kept running into dead ends. Bye and large EF had little to offer bar Austin's speed, we won't complain about his inability to finish or to stay on-side. Two defences comfortably better than the respective forward lines.

Very frustrating tonight. Comfortably the better team but missed 4 glorious chances. Oh well, that's football!!

Would not say that, I felt East Fife at times were the better team at times in this game, the fact is despite more chances your strikers failed to put the ball in the net and that is what the game is all about. Again as a previous poster BRAVELANEY said we had other chances to wrap up the game after Doris scored but your keeper pulled off a great save from Dickson to deny us a second goal and I reckon if we had scored then it would have made the game a lot more comfortable for us but in the end we won and that is what matters roll on the Colts !

No way we will treat Cumbernauld Colts with the respect due to them, given the result last night at Montrose it would be very foolish of us to think this tie is a walkover, its still to be won. If we can play to the beat of our ability we should have more than enough to beat the Colts but when your supporting the Albion I TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED.

After both the Deveronvale humiliation and Hurlford close call i would never take these games for granted sadly.

Not often you see Stirling in the lead so it was interesting watching them defend it.

The Page header near the end was really the best chance created by East Fife, Austins best chances on the other hand were mistakes by Albion defenders and should have cost us goals but the laddie had an off night.

I thought the loss of McMillan could have been the turning point but Aurelien Mazel did a great job in the centre of defence, along with Ross Forsyth.

Darren Smith needs a few more games to get himself match fit but looked good. Doris put in another good shift. His booking was nothing compared to what the no 19 did against Cunningham.

Decent crowd given the weather and Euro ties.

I remember the day we went to Gala in the early 21st century and lost - no repeat please against Cumbernauld.

After both the Deveronvale humiliation and Hurlford close call i would never take these games for granted sadly.

Yeb still have nightmares about the Hurlford games really should have lost in Hurlford and as for the replay at Forthbank and the penalty shootout which went on also all night I say no more.

Archived