Aberdeen v Motherwell, 24/10/15

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't a football cliché more boring than "if you're on a losing streak, don't worry, [insert team name] will help put an end to that for you as usual". Literally every set of fans seems to think this about their own team.

If ever a team needs a result, we'll give it to them. Aberdeen are on a poor run and leaking goals so I fully expect them to beat us.

I love beating Aberdeen, especially in their own midden and it's second only to beating Celtic for me in terms of pleasure and GIRUY purposes in football.

Sadly though I don't see anything about us just now that suggests we are capable of getting a result here and I expect a defeat of at least two clear goals.

I love beating Aberdeen, especially in their own midden and it's second only to beating Celtic for me in terms of pleasure and GIRUY purposes in football.

Sadly though I don't see anything about us just now that suggests we are capable of getting a result here and I expect a defeat of at least two clear goals.

I am shocked at this prediction. You're usually a pint half full type of guy.

Can't see past a comfortable home win unfortunately.

Hopefully we shitfest this and play for a dodgy, undeserved last minute goal.

Crawford Allan is ref, not Steven McLean so hopefully no last minute goal after an obvious foul followed by months on here of greeting Dons fans and gloating Well fans.

Never in my 30 plus years of going to Pittodrie have I felt such a sense of dread before a game. Absolute bricking it. Might not even manage a pie before the match.

Seriously?

I must've imagined the Alex Miller/Paterson/McGhee years because this current 'crisis' is a walk in the park compared to some of the shite I've sat through.

Yes, expectations are different now but I'm not quite pressing the panic button yet.

2-0 the Dandies, Rooney double

This will be an absolute shitfest.

Objective - score at least one more goal than the opposition, go home, and head to Parkheid a week later with some level of optimism rather than complete dread.

Seriously?

I must've imagined the Alex Miller/Paterson/McGhee years because this current 'crisis' is a walk in the park compared to some of the shite I've sat through.

Yes, expectations are different now but I'm not quite pressing the panic button yet.

2-0 the Dandies, Rooney double

I sat through those years too. Each match I went to in expectation of a disappointment.

Its the collective sigh of relief from the West if we continue to lose after such a fine start that I dread.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Looking forward to the day out for this one; the football, not so much. There are very few games this season in which I can honestly say we've really played well (Inverness, first half against St Johnstone), and last week's dire performance against Celtic didn't provide much cause for optimism. Aberdeen's slump in form has been a surprise, but it's likely to come to an end on Saturday - nothing to do with that dire, overused cliche that "if ever a team needs a result, they'll get it against us", but simply because we don't look capable of getting a result and our away form in particular in 2015 has been so poor.

If we line up in McGhee's favoured 4-3-3 again, I would go with:

-------------------Ripley-------------------

Watt---Kennedy---McManus---Chalmers

------Grimshaw---Lasley---Pearson------

------Clarkson---Fletcher---Thomas------

With McGhee at the helm again, it would seem to be the ideal chance for Clarkson to come back into the fold. Johnson was poor last week and Thomas looked good on coming on from the bench yet again.

As for predictions, I'll have to go with a 2-0 home win.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

He really needs a chance to show what he can do in the team. I don't understand why he hasn't had that yet as we've not exactly been setting the heather alight this season. Moult has popped up with a fair few goals, but the likes of Ainsworth and McDonald have gone right off the boil. He had an outstanding run of goalscoring form when he came into the team at Dundee last season and we could really use something like that.

Archived