Aberdeen v Motherwell, 24/10/15

Wonder if the entrance to Pittodrie will be big enough for McGhee's ego?

This is a game we need to be winning. Irrespective of any title 'challenge' we need to arrest 4 alarming results where we've suddenly become easy to score against.

Would like to see us having a go. Rooney in from the start.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play players in position, that means Shinnie at full back.

Logan on the other side, drop Considine and Quinn.

Get Robson in.

Push McLean up behind Rooney.

Give Cammy Smith a chance from the bench.

After the 'experiment' on Saturday and a full week of double training sessions it'll be interesting to see McGhee's team selection and also whether or not we look any more coherent as a team. The last game at Fir Park was decided by two of the cheapest goals you're likely to see and McGhee alluded to the fact that we need to make teams work harder if they're going to score against us, which is something I completely endorse. We've looked like just handing out a comedy goal in almost every game.

Josh Law struggles with the defensive side of the game at right back, Marvin Johnson seems out of form and low on confidence and Moult playing on the left of a front 3 doesn't get anywhere near the best out of him. Given Ainsworth, Lasley and McDonald all started on the bench there's a fair amount of scope for making changes.

Assuming Hammell is still out;

Ripley

Watt Kennedy McManus Chalmers

Grimshaw Lasley Pearson

Ainsworth Fletcher Thomas

There should be a bit of paper handed to every player saying 'Back To Basics Week' at the top and all the cliches you can think of listed below to work through.

Regardless of the level you play at, it's always the simple things you go back to when there's a bad run. Forget any game-specific stuff that maybe gets worked on most weeks and have each player focus on what his primary job is.

As said above, it may look simple, ugly and almost a step backwards to what we can potentially do but we need a fucking result here. And a lot of the players need a wake-up call if loss after loss is not doing it.

As much as I would love this to be 9-0 (but only 3 points remember) I reckon it'll be a very close game.

McGhee might want to play good football eventually but first and foremost he needs to stop losing silly goals which might mean a shit-fest defensive performance and one that we might struggle to break down.

I'm not looking forward to it. I wonder which set of fans will be singing about McGhee being a fucking paedophile though?

Was the last exDons manager to bring a Motherwell side to Pittodrie Ally McLeod?

Did we not hand out an 8-0 humping?

Would be nice to do it again, although this time I certainly won't be feeling sorry for the opposing manager (cuntthatheis)

This is the perfect game for Aberdeen to get back to winning ways. We are a 0 to 1 goal a game team and our defence is pretty awful.

Unless McGhee can somehow master a 1-0 shitfest win I can't see us winning. Comfortable 3-1 home win

If ever a team needs a result, we'll give it to them. Aberdeen are on a poor run and leaking goals so I fully expect them to beat us.

With a win ratio like ours it doesn't matter whether the opponent is on a bad run of form or not.

If ever a team needs a result, we'll give it to them. Aberdeen are on a poor run and leaking goals so I fully expect them to beat us.

:lol:

Worst. Patter. Ever.

I think shitfesting a 1-0 win is our best hope here.

You never know, if we can get the first goal, the home crowd may start to get a bit jittery given their recent form.

I'd like to see Lasley and Ainsworth start this. I'm still not entirely sure if the Laing midfield thing worked or not on Saturday.

How i'd go

--------------- Ripley ----------------

Law Kennedy McManus Chalmers

----- Lasley Grimshaw Pearson -----

----- Ainsworth Fletcher Moult ------

I'd like to see Lasley and Ainsworth start this. I'm still not entirely sure if the Laing midfield thing worked or not on Saturday.

I'm equally unconvinced by the Laing experiment on Saturday however after a bit of digging it seems it was a position that he played on occasion in the development side at Sunderland. So while he's not a natural fit, it shouldn't be as totally alien to him as first thought. I'm still not entirely sure that now is the time to be trying it out though, unless he's considering shifting Grimshaw to RB or such. I suppose it depends on what his job is in there, if it's simply to be a 'presence' ie: mark, track, match runs and generally break up play then I can understand why he'd maybe stick with it, not at the expense of Lasley though. I'd rather have Laing in midfield than Jake Taylor I suppose.

As an aside, reading some of the stuff about Laing I genuinely had no idea just how highly rated he was coming through at Sunderland and Forest.

I understand why Moult's getting the nod on the left side of the 3 strikers, largely down to his work rate but I can't help but think that if we were to stick Dom Thomas in there and get him running at Ash Taylor then it could be useful for us. Though he's been in poor form of late there have been a few occasions where McDonald's shown a decent understanding with Thomas.

On a completely separate note, is that Dan Twardzik just totally patched now or has he been injured? He's not even been involved with the u20s and I see that's Brett Long back from injury while it's been Ripley and Samson involved with the first team.

I'm equally unconvinced by the Laing experiment on Saturday however after a bit of digging it seems it was a position that he played on occasion in the development side at Sunderland. So while he's not a natural fit, it shouldn't be as totally alien to him as first thought. I'm still not entirely sure that now is the time to be trying it out though, unless he's considering shifting Grimshaw to RB or such. I suppose it depends on what his job is in there, if it's simply to be a 'presence' ie: mark, track, match runs and generally break up play then I can understand why he'd maybe stick with it, not at the expense of Lasley though. I'd rather have Laing in midfield than Jake Taylor I suppose.

As an aside, reading some of the stuff about Laing I genuinely had no idea just how highly rated he was coming through at Sunderland and Forest.

I understand why Moult's getting the nod on the left side of the 3 strikers, largely down to his work rate but I can't help but think that if we were to stick Dom Thomas in there and get him running at Ash Taylor then it could be useful for us. Though he's been in poor form of late there have been a few occasions where McDonald's shown a decent understanding with Thomas.

On a completely separate note, is that Dan Twardzik just totally patched now or has he been injured? He's not even been involved with the u20s and I see that's Brett Long back from injury while it's been Ripley and Samson involved with the first team.

I'd rather start with 10 men.

Archived