Scottish Lib Dem Conference

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea, all I know is the last full party conference when they were in government was supposed to be paid for by the home office think the costs bandied about were £800k, home office paid £15k (full cost would have been given to an English force) and said the rest should come from the lib Dems. Lib Dems refused to pay. It's funny when willie Rennie constantly makes cheap digs about policing if his party paid the security costs alone it would have paid for around 30 brand new police officers for an entire year.

Police costs always seem pretty expensive. How many police were involved to rack up costs of £800k?

It's worked out at around £40 per hour per cop, slightly more per rank after (not that much more) ((that's not what cops get btw they don't get the cash for it, it's just classed as being away from your normal duty on mutual aid, there's no overtime shift type thing with it)). So over 3 shifts per day several cops, over a week I think, plus the associated costs of the equipment used (operating road closures the cost of searching and sealing the buildings , fuel costs, police radios are billed in a similar way to mobile phones, not exactly the same but similar enough) etc it's probably a reasonable enough estimate.

So how many cops would be policing something like the Lib Dem conference? £800k for a 5 day conference seems excessive. Unless that cost had been agreed up front, then I'm not surprised they stiffed the bill. You would have thought Police Scotland would have agreed numbers and costs before the conference started.

Looking forward to ad libs speech "Your all stupid im the only one with a brain"

Diatribe incoming!!! My guess is, a 7 paragraph rebuttal in legalese.... Probably pick you up on "your" "you're" for starters and end up saying lying is expected from our elected officials. You've been warned, unless he's gone for a haircut or eventually got his hole.

Diatribe incoming!!! My guess is, a 7 paragraph rebuttal in legalese.... Probably pick you up on "your" "you're" for starters and end up saying lying is expected from our elected officials. You've been warned, unless he's gone for a haircut or eventually got his hole.

Which banned poster are you anyway ?

You can decide for yourself due to my contributions to the site whether you THINK I am a banned poster. Not really sure why that would matter.

The fact is, I've been reading the site for a few months, mainly the politics forum, and today decided to contribute.

Archived