The last kingdom

Mr Rational

It's historical fiction mate, they're both dead!!!

Anyway even dead, money would still be on Ragnar!!!

Anyway given your current form should your post not have been in white text or something!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

BUMP

I watched Seven Kings Must Die last night to wrap up the story.

It is a masive let down.

The full plot of the film is totally rushed and should have been told over the course of a full series TBH.

So many of the crucial characters that formed the show are nowhere to be seen and no explanation of where they are.

I'll include my criticisms below as a spoiler.

Spoiler

Uhtred is supposed to be an old man in the film. He looks exactly the same as he always has. In the opening scene he has slightly greyish hair, then after that it just goes back to normal.

Finan's wife dies. He doesn't morn her or anything and in the very next scene he;s laughing and joking as normal.

Uhtred's daughter Stiorra isn't in it at all. I assumed the film would feature her looking for vengance on Edward for what he did to Sigtryggr. Nope. Not even an explanation of where she is.

Edward? Nope. Deed. The films opens by us finding out he's sick. Next thing he's dead. Not in a single scene.

Aethelstan is now the king, and gay, and in a relationship with a priest who is a secret Dane spy. It ultimately has absolutely no baring on the overall plot and was completely pointless.

The fake gay spy/preist convinces Aethelstan to execute Aldhelm just cos. Adds nothing to the overall plot either.

The fiinal scene has Uhtred - who has been badly wounded and supposedly nearing death - at Babbenburgh. He can hear a rucus in the hall and he goes to inspect. He opens the door and inside is the Great Banquet Hall of Valhalla. No young Ragnar, no wife.

Massively disappointed and just wish they'd given it one final season to actually tell the story, rather than shoehorn it all clumsily into a film.

Gutted with it TBH.