Killie v Motherwell

Excellent three points and all the more so with Dundee Utd winning against County.

It sounded pretty turgid stuff but that was the type of game we would have lost last season, of earlier this season so a good step in the right direction.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madden missed a clear foul just outside the box on Higgy. Booked McHattie and McKenzie for nothing, (the keeper ran into McKenzie ffs but because he stood his ground he gets booked). McDonald gets nothing for kicking a player running past him, (ref saw it and gave just a fk). Ref manhandled one of our players at a 50/50 and only booked him.

There was nothing huge but just loads of incredibly frustrating decisions.

Josh Law utterly superb in a man of the match display, what a time to be alive.

A scrappy and probably undeserved 3 points as Killie deserved something but I'll take it. There seems to have been a real mentality change under McGhee, I'm certain earlier this season we'd have finished these last 2 matches with 1 point at most(if that) so to grab 4 from 2 difficult games is superb.

Also as someone who's championed Louis Moult from the start I'm delighted to see him pop up with yet another vital goal today.

Fair fucks to McGhee, can't ask for much more from a tricky game today than 3 points and a clean sheet. Onwards and upwards.

Madden was honking in the second half. The Magennis dive incident seemed to take an age. I thought he'd given us an advantage.

Thought McDonald was lucky not to get a possible red for kicking out at Findlay after he slipped in the box.

Overall, thought we were pretty good. Gutted but at the least the days of 4-0 home humpings seem behind us. Couple of real tough ones with St Johnstone and Celtic coming up though. Just hope that confidence doesn't take a battering.

Also, seemed to kicking off opposite the bowling green. Someone punched?

Madden missed a clear foul just outside the box on Higgy. Booked McHattie and McKenzie for nothing, (the keeper ran into McKenzie ffs but because he stood his ground he gets booked). McDonald gets nothing for kicking a player running past him, (ref saw it and gave just a fk). Ref manhandled one of our players at a 50/50 and only booked him.

There was nothing huge but just loads of incredibly frustrating decisions.

Wasn't a foul on Higgy, and I think the keeper was obstructed but lots of other things missed.

A draw would have been a fair result. Killie started off really well without creating alot of clear cut chances. Then well make it a scrappy game from just before half time and most of the 2nd half which suited them. Madden had a crap game tbh. Why mcdonald got away with the kick is beyond belief.

Wasn't the unwashed playing at home?? Why on earth would he go to a killie game then??? Back to the topic. Tope had a great chance to cut the ball back or cross and instead shot wide with Josh boydy and Rory in the box was infuriating. First time I've saw smith in the middle which I thought he looks far better than playing left back.

Tight game - but the difference it makes when we don't give away the soft goal that has been a weekly occurrence for about 2 years, is huge. Also, even though Killie finished strongly, we never fell into the trap of sitting too deep. Law had his best game for us and Kennedy and McManus were outstanding i thought. Pearson playing in a deep role worked well I thought.

Going forward was much more patchy - I thought we were ok but looked as we could play until midnight without a goal - it's clear that Moult is the only poacher in the team and Fletcher looked decent in his short cameo.

Early days - but we are looking more competitive and we seem to working to some kind of plan....

Oh - and Madden was pretty bad today although nothing game changing IMO

Archived