Hellowe'en Horrors: Thistle vs Hearts

I'm fast arriving at the conclusion that Seaborne isn't a team player and would be better off leaving at the first opportunity. Unspecified injuries when the going gets tough, bickering with teammates (Saturday certainly wasn't the first time I've seen him have a go at someone despite it being his fault) and failing to make a solid partnership with anyone in 18 months.

I don't much like Frans either, too rash for my liking and needs someone to sit off and cover him; that's why Balatoni forged a decent partnership with him last season. Don't think we have that option in the squad at the moment.

There's very few guys in the squad who you'd want in the trenches with you, to coin a cliché; very few guys with the steel of our manager. That team rolled over in the second half on Saturday, the same way we did against Ross County last season. That was the start of a decent run that ultimately kept us away from trouble; here's hoping Saturday's performance does likewise or else it's going to be a long old Winter.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fast arriving at the conclusion that Seaborne isn't a team player and would be better off leaving at the first opportunity. Unspecified injuries when the going gets tough, bickering with teammates (Saturday certainly wasn't the first time I've seen him have a go at someone despite it being his fault) and failing to make a solid partnership with anyone in 18 months.

I don't think his "injury" was any coincidence on Saturday. This is a guy who has twice pulled a sickie before we've played Celtic.

It's unfortunate because he's comfortably our best CB. Better than Frans for the reasons you mentioned, and obviously Lindsay is still very young. Just a shame he doesn't seem to really give a shit.

I don't much like Frans either, too rash for my liking and needs someone to sit off and cover him; that's why Balatoni forged a decent partnership with him last season. Don't think we have that option in the squad at the moment.

There's very few guys in the squad who you'd want in the trenches with you, to coin a cliché; very few guys with the steel of our manager. That team rolled over in the second half on Saturday, the same way we did against Ross County last season. That was the start of a decent run that ultimately kept us away from trouble; here's hoping Saturday's performance does likewise or else it's going to be a long old Winter.

What actually happened between him and Dumbuya? I didn't see what sparked it, just the aftermath of the handbags as Osman stepped in. Imagine picking on the wee guy :P

Is unfortunate about Seaborne, as like Nightmare says, he's our best defender on his day. However, I quite like that he's showing some fight, even if it's pointed in the wrong direction at times. Tony Adams once said that you need 7 when things kick off. Despite him probably being drunk at the time, let's say he's correct. Who do we have in our team that wouldn't shite themselves in that kind of situation? Fraser and Seaborne I guess.

What actually happened between him and Dumbuya? I didn't see what sparked it, just the aftermath of the handbags as Osman stepped in. Imagine picking on the wee guy :P

Is unfortunate about Seaborne, as like Nightmare says, he's our best defender on his day. However, I quite like that he's showing some fight, even if it's pointed in the wrong direction at times. Tony Adams once said that you need 7 when things kick off. Despite him probably being drunk at the time, let's say he's correct. Who do we have in our team that wouldn't shite themselves in that kind of situation? Fraser and Seaborne I guess.

From what I gather it's Dumbaya that's got the fight in our team, not Seaborne.

As for Fraser, he's just a spoiled wee public school boy who thinks he's a hard man.

From memory, Seaborne played it to Dumbuya not far outside our box on the left side when he was surrounded by Hearts players. Poor ball to play when under pressure and should have cleared his lines. Dumbuya had a go for putting him in trouble, Seaborne bit back, Dumbuya continued his grievance and then Osman stepped in.

I agree with the suggestion that individually, Seaborne is probably our most adept defender but any partnership in which he's been involved has been less than the sum of its parts, in my opinion.

Despite Frans' flaws, he'd be up for a good scrap, I reckon. Stevo can put himself about too.

From memory, Seaborne played it to Dumbuya not far outside our box on the left side when he was surrounded by Hearts players. Poor ball to play when under pressure and should have cleared his lines. Dumbuya had a go for putting him in trouble, Seaborne bit back, Dumbuya continued his grievance and then Osman stepped in.

I agree with the suggestion that individually, Seaborne is probably our most adept defender but any partnership in which he's been involved has been less than the sum of its parts, in my opinion.

Despite Frans' flaws, he'd be up for a good scrap, I reckon. Stevo can put himself about too.

Yeah Stevo looks quite hard, but you'd just need to pull out something maroon. Works like kryptonite.

So, after seeing both Hearts and Aberdeen at firhill who do you reckon will finish second?

Hearts seem to have more goals in them. So I'd go for the Gorgie boys.

Archived