League Cup Semi-Finals 2015-16

PauloPerth

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only ridiculous Paulo like fanboy behaviour is from the Hibees here who reckon they're better than one of the three top six sides remaining in the cup. Which one?

Going by all logic shown by the fermers, the only side not as good as Aberdeen based on league position and not form is Celtic. It doesn't make Aberdeen, pumped off all clubs better than the rest because they are ahead in the league though.

I believe we are a better side than both Ross County and St Johnstone and nobody has any evidence to say otherwise. It's all about opinions.

Aberdeen aren't second my friend. Your second paragraph is hilarious, top work.

Are they ahead of both Fermers and County?

Logic shown on this thread says we would have wanted Fermers and county in the cup before Aberdeen. We pumped Aberdeen and were the better side.

What has second got to do with it? We can play Celtic, Ross County and Fermers in the Semis. We have pumped the side above two of they sides, why couldn't we the others when our budget dwarfs both of them also?

Time and time again this 'we beat them in a one off match so there's nothing between the leagues' drivel is spouted. There's a reason you are currently five points from the top of the second tier. To suggest you are better than Ross County or Saints is fantasy stuff.

So are we supposed to accept every Premiership team is better than us just because they're currently in the league above?

Dundee Utd must be better than us then, we only beat them in a one-off cup game. :(

This is all pretty cute. Beating Aberdeen and United doesnt really prove anything, seeing as we proceeded to beat one 5-1 at their own ground and then the other despite being a man down. We've also completely eye raped the side that sit above you in the league on their own ground too. Its staggering to genuinely suggest youre better than us based on those results.

This is all pretty cute. Beating Aberdeen and United doesnt really prove anything, seeing as we proceeded to beat one 5-1 at their own ground and then the other despite being a man down. We've also completely eye raped the side that sit above you in the league on their own ground too. Its staggering to genuinely suggest youre better than us based on those results.

I think we have better individual players. Saints are benefiting from a period of continuity in terms of manager and a settled squad. Fair play to you, Tommy Wright is doing a great job.

I think we have better individual players. Saints are benefiting from a period of continuity in terms of manager and a settled squad. Fair play to you, Tommy Wright is doing a great job.

Youre effectively just bringing out the exact stereotype every fans been bringing out about us for the past five years now. Youll be calling us a strong well organised side who all work hard for each other next, before saying we're completely reliant on Stevie May.

Just had a look at the Hibs team that played United. I'd take McGinn and possibly #beanz but that's about it. To suggest that side is better individually than Saints is bordering on insulting and a lesser man may have been quite riled by such a ludicrous suggestion.

But you would have Wotherspoon and Craig in your first team? Two players nowhere near good enough for our side?

You have a decent manager and a decent Goalie.

Mcgregor turned down Saints for Hibernian, McGeough would walk in to your side as would David Gray.

Youre effectively just bringing out the exact stereotype every fans been bringing out about us for the past five years now. Youll be calling us a strong well organised side who all work hard for each other next, before saying we're completely reliant on Stevie May.

Yup, and football is a team game where qualities like consistency and organisation can take you far. Player for player though there's not many I would swap.

Yup, and football is a team game where qualities like consistency and organisation can take you far. Player for player though there's not many I would swap.

I'd have Mannus, Anderson, Mackay, Easton, Millar, Davidson, O'Halloran and MacLean over Oxley, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, McGeough, Fyvie, Keatings and Malonga without even having to think about it. Gray/Shaughnessy, McGinn/Craig/Wotherspoon and Cummins/Cummings would be the only ones worth discussing

I'd have Mannus, Anderson, Mackay, Easton, Millar, Davidson, O'Halloran and MacLean over Oxley, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, McGeough, Fyvie, Keatings and Malonga without even having to think about it. Gray/Shaughnessy, McGinn/Craig/Wotherspoon and Cummins/Cummings would be the only ones worth discussing

The fact you're not even prepared to admit McGinn is better than Liam fucking Craig just sums up your delusion here.

The fact you're not even prepared to admit McGinn is better than Liam fucking Craig just sums up your delusion here.

You have to remember I witnessed McGinn last season, when he was absolutely horrendous and looked every part a player who deserved relegated, while Craigs had a pivotal role for us in the 5-1 win over Aberdeen and a win away to ICT. If hes back to what he was when he first broke through then yeah hes better than Craig.

Most of the reason I said it would be a match up worth discussing.

Aberdeen didn't give a shite about the league cup.

Sevco were unlucky not to get at least a draw.

United are utterly woeful.

But congratulations on the run against championship sides.

That would be the same Aberdeen that took 35000 to watch them win said cup and Dundee Utd that it took you boys the last minute to beat and also lost to Ross County who you boys say we would struggle against.

Good effort though mate.

You have to remember I witnessed McGinn last season, when he was absolutely horrendous and looked every part a player who deserved relegated, while Craigs had a pivotal role for us in the 5-1 win over Aberdeen and a win away to ICT. If hes back to what he was when he first broke through then yeah hes better than Craig.

Most of the reason I said it would be a match up worth discussing.

You seen Mcginn playing shite a couple of matches, we seen, and released Craig and Dee after watching them performing shite for years.

John McGinn is so far ahead, even for his age ahead of Liam Craig its unreal. And before you say why is he at us it's simple, we paid for him with money clubs like Fermers don't have. Sorry but that's the truth. St Johnstone Football club could never afford John McGinn and that is fact.

That would be the same Aberdeen that took 35000 to watch them win said cup and Dundee Utd that it took you boys the last minute to beat and also lost to Ross County who you boys say we would struggle against.

Good effort though mate.

Clearly the cup was a priority that year. Not so this year as they were focusing on a league challenge.

We absolutely strolled the United game. With 10 men. It just so happens that the winner came in the last minute.

United beat County.

Please calm down.

Thanks.

Archived