Ayr United v Dunfermline Sat 28th Novembzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shandon Par

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Muir seems favourite to replace Delvin, apparantly they are saying Delvin broke two bones in his hand after slipping on paving slabs at home

Seen Muir play a few times last season and been to a few u20 games this season and he's of a decent standard. Big chance for him to break through to the first team from the 20s. He's played a couple of times for the first team so he's not making the plunge.

Andy Muir seems favourite to replace Delvin, apparantly they are saying Delvin broke two bones in his hand after slipping on paving slabs at home

FFS, he needs to just cut it off and get on with things. Kids these days...

I wouldn't be "happy" to lose this game. I do like the Cup after all.

Same. I can't understand the mentality of being 'happy' to lose the game. Seen a lot of chat about how folk would 'sacrifice' this game for the league, as if it must be one or the other.

Of course I won't be going as it's a rotten tie, but obviously I hope we win. I shall be in attendance at the league game though (travel already booked).

I'd still rather we won the league match of course but I'd much rather we won both!

Brave man booking for games in December though...

Ach pish. It'll be fine. We only average one game called off a year and it won't be this one

Ayr and Pars played through Hurricane Bawbag as others cried off. A bit of wind, rain and roofs travelling horizontally at 85mph is no reason to cancel a League One tie.

Ryan Scuddy had a nightmare that day and was still looking good compared to Hutton.

Ryan Scuddy had a nightmare that day and was still looking good compared to Hutton.

The 1-1 cup game and 2-4 league game have blended into one in my decrepit brain. Didn't Ayr score from about 60 yards and it barely raised a cheer from the home fans, such was the severity of the Roberts-induced malaise?

The 1-1 cup game and 2-4 league game have blended into one in my decrepit brain. Didn't Ayr score from about 60 yards and it barely raised a cheer from the home fans, such was the severity of the Roberts-induced malaise?

Yes, i was actually forced into what looked like a wild celebration when Gilmour scored from inside our half.

My hat blew off and was being flying over to the segregation fence. Must have looked like a classic GIRUY though which i am certainly not averse to :thumsup2

This is like losing two players as Devlin covered for our lack of having a right midfielder in the squad. Right back isn't the only personnel choice to be made as not sure about playing Trouten with no proper defensive cover.

Andy Graham is back in squad for you I believe, is he not central/right back?

Docherty player there because Andy Muir was also suspended along with Devlin, in hindsight I don't see McCall even thinking about putting him there. If push came to shove I think you'd see Crawford at right back, but Muir, Graham and McCracken (in that order) would probably be in before him.

I'm not sure about the timescale, was just a quote by a fan on Facebook who usually goes along sometimes to watch training. I'm sure we'll find more out soon as the Ayrshire Post is out today.

Struggling to grapple with life in the 21st Century.

I'll be following the game from China by hanging around the telegraph office for updates (although the signal quality will still be better than Pars TV).

I'll be following the game from China by hanging around the telegraph office for updates (although the signal quality will still be better than Pars TV).

Ayrshire Post revealed all yesterday, official Facebook today. Only 1 guy does the websites and all social media as well as his commercial job so it's hard for him to do his job as well as everything else.

Pace may be an issue. Dumbarton fans warned us about him playing right back, however it's possible to get away with it in this league.

Saying that, I've watched Ayr play Jim Lauchlan at right back, so anything is possible.

ParsTV has been alright this season, can't watch this weekend due to it being the Scottish Cup though.

Graham is decent at defending but Devlin in addition has the fitness to get up and down the pitch all game. All of our right midfielders are currently being played out of position and Devlin saves the day quite a bit. Take last Saturday when Trouten kept messing about and giving Airdrie the ball back, Devlin made sure the ball was won back pretty quickly.

Archived