Ayr United v Dunfermline Sat 28th Novembzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shandon Par

Aww Falkingham having a wee moan too.

"It will be more of the same. The midfielders I played against we're very strong, physical and in some cases, for me, way over the top. They got away with it that day but I will know what to expect this time."

No matter how much Falkingham complains, he can do nothing to stop Adams. Big man will control midfield again.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww Falkingham having a wee moan too.

"It will be more of the same. The midfielders I played against we're very strong, physical and in some cases, for me, way over the top. They got away with it that day but I will know what to expect this time."

I think he had a point the tackle by devlin was a borderline red and the ten yard run and elbow in the head was outrageous and a definite red. Add to that two elbows to the head that resulted in blood being spilled plus two broken bones. You were extremely lucky to have eleven players on the park that day. One of the most aggressive teams I've ever seen at eep in 30 years. It's all part of the game but on another day devlin gets sent off and the ref sets the standard. Unfortunately he was completely incompetent and this boiled over and we ended up losing our captain for months. Should we be bitter? Fucking right.

I think he had a point the tackle by devlin was a borderline red and the ten yard run and elbow in the head was outrageous and a definite red. Add to that two elbows to the head that resulted in blood being spilled plus two broken bones. You were extremely lucky to have eleven players on the park that day. One of the most aggressive teams I've ever seen at eep in 30 years. It's all part of the game but on another day devlin gets sent off and the ref sets the standard. Unfortunately he was completely incompetent and this boiled over and we ended up losing our captain for months. Should we be bitter? Fucking right.

The loss of your captain was down to an unfortunate landing, not an elbow or a reckless challenge. Agree regarding Adams, Devlins was a hard challenge, not a red IMO, but as you say, if the ref wasn' incompetent, the challenge wouldn't have even taken place as Ayr would have had the original free kick.

AJ said when took over that we were simply too soft last year. He signed a few boys (eg the mothafucka no BRE from PTFC and Jadon Talbot) to address that. We still lack a bit of toughness in midfield or attack. I know it's not the 80s and there's no place for hatchet men but I'd like to see us dish out a bit of stick to opponents now and again rather than crying to the media about big boys being mean to us.

Eta - apologies for typos

The loss of your captain was down to an unfortunate landing, not an elbow or a reckless challenge. Agree regarding Adams, Devlins was a hard challenge, not a red IMO, but as you say, if the ref wasn' incompetent, the challenge wouldn't have even taken place as Ayr would have had the original free kick.

That's a good point. I thought he lost control early on. I remember one of our players pushing wee Forrest into the dugouts. Just small things he missed but led to the red mist descending. In hard fought games you need to let the players know who is boss. Still find it hard to defend the challenges from Ayr that day, poor ref or not you don't elbow fellow professionals in the head or go through the back of them.

We do need to be tougher so hopefully we don't play Byrne today. Sounds daft but maybe Ryan Wallace might be more effective or Moffat? Someone who can win a ball and play a simple pass. We really lack that.

If I wasn't an Ayr fan I would suggest that Ryan Wallace should always play against Ayr. Dislikes us and scores regularly.

If he starts he'll be pish, if he comes off the bench he might have a good game.

Dunfermline coach just passed my supporters bus on the m77.

There was a queue for the toilet and fear in their eyes* :(

*looked pretty relaxed and listening to hings on their phones and that.

One day we'll all move on from this game!probably after the conclusion of this one tbh.

With the Devlin challenge it was a pretty stinking challenge with some intent, I'm sure he should have just had a free kick, it wasn't awarded then it looked like he "lost it" and went out to thump someone, I thought it was a stick on red in honesty, it stemmed from the original bad decision not to award Devlin a free-kick though.

Throughout the entire game though it looked like the ref had a mare, even at the end when Mac pushed Murphy? That could've/should've been a red. Just because we lost the game it sticks in the throat more, he was bad for both teams though.

If I wasn't an Ayr fan I would suggest that Ryan Wallace should always play against Ayr. Dislikes us and scores regularly.

Why does he dislike Ayr? Never noticed it before.

Archived