Ayr United v Dunfermline Sat 28th Novembzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shandon Par

That said, isn't it against SFA rules to include highlights that may result in disciplinary action on club highlights?

First I've heard of it (cue letter from the SFA!). Also, the sponsor explicitly wants footage of contentious incidents for their own highlights...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I've heard of it (cue letter from the SFA!). Also, the sponsor explicitly wants footage of contentious incidents for their own highlights...

I remember the guy who used to do the Pars TV highlights posted that on dot net a few years ago. (There is a good chance the rules may have changed in the interim).

I remember the guy who used to do the Pars TV highlights posted that on dot net a few years ago. (There is a good chance the rules may have changed in the interim).

Ahh. The league rules did change with the SFL -> SPFL reconstruction. The SFL had some fairly odd ideas as to what was suitable for fans to watch. Fortunately the SPFL is rather more relaxed. Also, I don't remember the SFA (or a sponsor) being overly concerned (a good thing, in my opinion).

Disappointed to be out the cup especially after that, we put in probably one of our poorest display's so far this season. I think McCall got his lineup wrong as it left him with very little in terms of options from the bench, one of Trouten or Forrest should have been there. I also think it wasnt the right idea at all to take Preston off and it showed as we contributed very little after Caldwell was left up on his own.

It was poor from Fleming at the goal also he should really be getting to that.

Saying all that though we were the better team out there and created the best chances, i think like mostly seems to be the case when it happens that game was won when the ends were switched at kick off. Doesnt seem to matter what team we have we always struggle with it..bizzare

Alan Gallacher of the Scotsman having a 'mare

With Ayr winning the toss and electing to shoot with the wind at their backs
As United’s Andy Graham received treatment inside his own area there was a clear kick by Joe Cardle on Jamie Adams

stand-in referee Kevin Clancy

To be fair cardle has a wee shitey kick at the same time as his shitey punch. Adams went down like a fanny but it's a red all day long.

We never got the breaks today. Hard fought game but ruined by the wind.

The difference between the teams was simple. Great goal by geggan (really harsh to blame the keeper when it's placed as well as that) and at the other end the dunfermline keeper has a couple of worldies.

Terrible, terrible conditions today and made the game a bit of a farce. However, that said Dunfermline who I thought would walk this league no longer scare me they were pretty woeful. Geggans goal apart they created nothing and turned the tables on us by kicking, diving and cheating. In 2 weeks time it will be very different and I fully expect us to win comfortably.

Terrible, terrible conditions today and made the game a bit of a farce. However, that said Dunfermline who I thought would walk this league no longer scare me they were pretty woeful. Geggans goal apart they created nothing and turned the tables on us by kicking, diving and cheating. In 2 weeks time it will be very different and I fully expect us to win comfortably.

Really. There was nothing in Ayr's performance to suggest a comfortable win.

Harsh to say dunfermline were woeful.

The El bak boy (number 10?) looked very dangerous in the first half.

But I agree about having nothing to fear as there was nothing between the teams. I'm happy to lose this if we can get revenge in a fortnight.

Really. There was nothing in Ayr's performance to suggest a comfortable win.

Aye, just going of the highlights right enough but it's not like Ayr were carving us open or any such like, some good efforts from range but that's alright, they're the home team, that's to be expected.

We've got the best defence in this league, Ayr are going to need to step it up in a couple of weeks time.

Aye, just going of the highlights right enough but it's not like Ayr were carving us open or any such like, some good efforts from range but that's alright, they're the home team, that's to be expected.

We've got the best defence in this league, Ayr are going to need to step it up in a couple of weeks time.

I'm sure we will, particularly if Craig Moore is back.

I'm sure we will, particularly if Craig Moore is back.

What if he's not? Your best shot on goal was that rocket of a free kick.

Ayr fans are perfectly correct in saying they've got nothing to fear from Dunfermline, we are (obviously) beatable, coming away from this game though we can only have similar sentiments. Cardle and BRE putting Adams back into his place was pretty vital, he ran the game at EEP.

Archived