Ayr United v Dunfermline Sat 28th Novembzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shandon Par

Thought it was a fairly decent game considering. Bit flat though and the crowd, including a pitifully sombre away support, reflected the weather and the lack of glamour in the tie. We've been hanging in there up to last week v Airdrie but still competed well yesterday even with a few absentees. Ref was pretty poor...Adams and Doc booked for great tackles. The reaction from the Ayr fans at FT said it all, sort of "well played, lads but who cares? We want out this league!". I'm concerned at the loss of Moore particularly....are we ever going to see him again? It's the situation we're in...Dunfermline are apparently gambling it all on finally going up and are already there it seems....their fans wild response to the 0-2 defeat spoke volumes...begging bowls out again if it doesn't come off this time, girls? The problem at Ayr is the expectation for it all to fall apart, we've had years of dire football and it's going to take much more than a challenge in the third tier to win back a generation of lost support, Iain McCall must surely appreciate that.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some very strange individual on Scottish Football Away Fans (from Kirkcaldy tbh) was trying to say Dunfermline only brought 18 fans to the game. What a bizarre thing to lie about.

I expected about 300, looked to be closer to double that tbh. Decent home support too.

Thought the crowd was poor to be honest. Not much more than 1000 Ayr fans. Despite being top of the league they've been poorly supported all season. Our travelling support wasn't great either but expect a lot more for the league game.

Probably have Ayr fans in the same mind as allot of Dunfermilne fans, league game is more important so save the money for that.

Season tickets I'd imagine won't have been valid so I can't imagine watching Ayr play Dunfermline, again. Would be to enthralling.

Decent attendance considering that and the shite weather tbh.

A whole new level of bile from low life Pars fans.

You all cried like slapped arse babies after you crumbled at home.

Tears when you get roughed up, tears when you land punches. Definitely confused young fifers.

We will beat you in the league game. There is no doubt about that. Get your pocket money on it right now.

And Holy f*ck, this forum will be awash with a Tsunami of Fife tears.

Greetin faced ungraceful fifer thread for this pish

Legendary

Archived