The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

Nothing says remembering the fallen in a dignified matter than a poppy jet

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446718623.586210.jpg

You do realise that a few Tornado crew have died or been seriously wounded on active service?

You seem to put a lot of effort into looking for reasons to be offended by the RBL. They do a lot of good work on ex servicement and mental health problems

http://support.britishlegion.org.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/57/~/combat-stress---the-veterans-mental-health-charity

as well as homelessness that I find nearly impossible to criticise.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/2283/litrev_ukvetshomelessness.pdf

Children in Need go for a lot of "zany" stunts to promote themselves, I dont see you and the usual suspects queuing up to say that charity trivialises child poverty and child abuse.

You do realise that a few Tornado crew have died or been seriously wounded on active service?

You seem to put a lot of effort into looking for reasons to be offended by the RBL. They do a lot of good work on ex servicement and mental health problems

http://support.britishlegion.org.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/57/~/combat-stress---the-veterans-mental-health-charity

as well as homelessness that I find nearly impossible to criticise.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/2283/litrev_ukvetshomelessness.pdf

Children in Need go for a lot of "zany" stunts to promote themselves, I dont see you and the usual suspects queuing up to say that charity trivialises child poverty and child abuse.

Ah right, so that is why the poppy is on the jet, aye? :rolleyes:

Why would I be offended? Did you just make that up? :huh:

Of course, How silly of me, Remembrance Sunday is about "zany stunts", And as for your comparison with other charities, straw clutching at its finest

Of course, How silly of me, Remembrance Sunday is about "zany stunts"

Work on your English comprehension skills, get them up to adult level.

Children in Need go for a lot of "zany" stunts

Does this say:

a) The RBL go for zany stunts.

Or.

b) Children in Need go for a lot of "zany" stunts

Think slowly. Take your time. Get back to us when you have an answer.

Why would I be offended?
Nothing says remembering the fallen in a dignified matter than a poppy jet

Work on your English comprehension skills, get them up to adult level.

Does this say:

a) The RBL go for zany stunts.

Or.

b) Children in Need go for a lot of "zany" stunts

Think slowly. Take your time. Get back to us when you have an answer.

I must have missed you answer if the reason they decided to slap poppies on a jet was to remember and respect killed or injured pilots?

Nice to see you resort to childish insults.

Again, trying to compare Children in Need with Remembrance day is ridiculous at best.... Mind you, at least if you don't visibly show support for Children in Need you're not going to be abused by the fascists.... I mean patriots

Still haven't seen where I have said or implied that i'm offended at the poppy. It would be nice if you didn't just make things up.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

So why the need for it on a jet?

More publicity I'd imagine, the whole point of the poppy appeal is to raise money for the RBL, who in turn give the proceeds to serving and ex serving members, as such it's not exactly a great leap to figure out why the armed forces get behind it as much as they do.

More publicity I'd imagine, the whole point of the poppy appeal is to raise money for the RBL, who in turn give the proceeds to serving and ex serving members, as such it's not exactly a great leap to figure out why the armed forces get behind it as much as they do.

Away with you and your sensible posts!

I guess, it's not as if it doesn't get enough publicity.