The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

It would be nice if that were true. 

Screenshot_2017-11-05-10-54-20.thumb.png.de5a504fcd8424d5406bf7e54d7e0bab.png

The reason that cancer is such a deadly disease isn’t because a very few people in the world have hijacked all the wealth though. The problems that are addressed by charities like children in need and comic relief can be eradicated by the actions of people if we were to want to create a more equal world together.

But yes, cancer is more likely to be inflicted on someone with a poor lifestyle so there you go.

I'm thinking a full on gladiator type event (Romans not the ones with big cotton buds) and giving the runners swords, toss in a few lions and grizzly bears. I'd pay to watch that.

We'd surely have to let the likes of Mo Farah take drugs in that case. In fact drugs should be mandatory. Is that really a lion or just a figment of my drug fuelled imagination.

Everyone would still have to wear a vest with a number on it though. We have to maintain some sort of order.

And maybe some more portacabins. Paula Radcliffe will be twice as likely to shit herself in those circumstances.

14 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I saw a knuckledragger in the chippy the other night that had a really tacky 'last we forget' tattoo with 2 poppy tattoos either sie of it. It  was on his forearm, I guess so it could always be on show.  That struck me as somebody using a poppy emblem as a part of their identity in a tribal way the same way people get football badge tattoos.

12 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

And you're point is?

12 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

'Your' not 'You're'  It was just an observation on how the poppy emblem has been appropriated.

12 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I must apologise for not proof reading my phones predictive text like I usually do. It just seemed you were judging and looking down YOUR nose at him with your choice of words.

I actually thought that jimmy boo's reply was a subtle comment on the typo in the original post. Or did the 'wallpaper's tattoo really say 'LAST we forget'? In which case that is even sadder than it appears.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I don’t donate much/ever to cancer research really as if you cure cancer something else will assume primary responsibility for killing off the population in a horrific way- Alzheimer’s etc. We can’t live forever so I would rather donate to Marie cutie or the hospice - those that deliver palliative care.

However, I totally agree that something which impacts on humans is more important than what happens to an animal.

Pole dancer he knows.

33 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

We'd surely have to let the likes of Mo Farah take drugs in that case. In fact drugs should be mandatory. Is that really a lion or just a figment of my drug fuelled imagination.

Everyone would still have to wear a vest with a number on it though. We have to maintain some sort of order.

And maybe some more portacabins. Paula Radcliffe will be twice as likely to shit herself in those circumstances.

These sort of things are better with celebs, Mo is a good start but I'd lime to see James Cordon do his bit for charidy by donning a set of Ronhills.

I’m not a big supporter of any charity to be fair. I don’t think good causes should have to go about with begging bowls for cash.

Charity allows people to negate their moral responsibility to properly contribute to the common good through taxation. These people can l then fire a few quid in a tin and then congratulate themselves as some great guy. Or act in an immoral way all year round but then appease their own conscience by doing a fun run.

33 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I’m not a big supporter of any charity to be fair. I don’t think good causes should have to go about with begging bowls for cash.

Charity allows people to negate their moral responsibility to properly contribute to the common good through taxation. These people can l then fire a few quid in a tin and then congratulate themselves as some great guy. Or act in an immoral way all year round but then appease their own conscience by doing a fun run.

Tax lol.

You lefty f**k.

Fucking hell that's the second good post you've ever made and in the same week as well.

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What happened to you? 

You keep writing stuff I agree with these days.

9 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What's happened to you? 

You've gone weirdly normal all of a sudden. 

I get more and more fed up at this time of year as the years goes on. Fannies on both sides of the argument desperate to be correct and take the moral highground. I don't even know if I can be arsed getting involved on Sunday or not. I used to take a bit of pride getting involved and going on parade if I was at home or not working once outside the mob.

Now it just seems like a chore. I bumped into one of the older boys from the legion on Friday in the pub who was keen as f**k about this coming Sunday, joyful with glee about telling me about how they have booked good singers for through the back of the pub and how it should be brilliant. f**k that for a carry on.

I might take the ChompMyRoot approach to things on Sunday or I might go to Ben Nicky at the O2 Academy on Saturday night and get out my tits and escape things that way.